Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so, im not so impressed with the dip in the dyno graph from 2900-3500rpm. Ive heard others talk about it and I can definitely notice it while driving (its a 7-10tq loss). Any discussion on what this is (other than a weird factory tune)? I cant see what it could possibly be purposely put in for other than annoyance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I imagine it has something to do with emissions and noise control. I think engines are tested at a certain rpm for this stuff and manufacturers put in a power dip right there. My last two motor cycles both had power dips that required after market tinkering. I plan on getting some tune soon to maximize low rpm power.
Manufacturers should just put in a fuse that activates this emissions map than leak out that if pulled the engine reverts to an "off road" only fuel map.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yours started later than mine. mine starts at 2400 and climbs for a sec then goes into a valleyfrom 2900-3500 and then climbs. if I started mine at 3100 like yours id have a straight line as well. mines also TQ that drops, not HP although you can see a small dip in the hp line in the same spot.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I hadn't noticed it but just checked the dyno sheets from when we did the intake manifold testing and you're right, there is a torque dip in that 3,000 - 3,500 range.

It is even there on the stock tune and stock intake (I was running 93 octane because we were testing out several different configurations and tunes - and it appears that the 3.7 will adjust for octane just like the 5.0 when we compared the dyno sheets that day).

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts