Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '14 gt automatic that i am replacing 2 main components of the console before the dealer takes possession to complete a repair.
1) The TCS/Hazard/trunk switch mine just went weird the other night (Hazards flashing, tap switch and it opened the trunk,tapped again and it will turn tcs on/off advanctrac on'off) ordered a new switch hoping that is the issue
2)replacing the automatic Knob as the original owner wore it out (NO longer glossy and just looks worn out)

so if anyone can help a 48y.o with my options as i don't work on these much anymore, it will be appreciated

Thanks in advance parts will be here tomorrow so i am trying to sort it out before then

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the new parts saturday just couldn't figure out where the 3 wires were located for the sport shift automatic handle i tried to unbolt the whole shifter but after i was given a hint about the top portion only coming off by releasing 4 clips it was pretty easy except for trying to get the new wiring harness plugged in as my hands are NOT small. but all is repaired and seems to be back to normaljust waiting for some sun now

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine is second hand and the previous owner i guess drove with one hand on the shifter and one at the top of the steering wheel as the leather is worn out on both the new shifter looks way better just need to swap the steering wheel but dealership in canada want 600 for it as i need them to install it due to the clock spring and airbag but we'll see how things go this year

·
Registered
342 Posts
Good job @14Mustang_Driver

I love when people can work on their own pony. I drive as you described the previous owner to your car. The difference being I have M6 so I do all the shifting anyway. Living in the ’Burbs, I often wish mine was an automatic. To be honest though, most of the time I only drive my Mustang for pleasure, and there’s nothing more fun than chasing the twisty roads while rowing through the gears.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would drive it more if insurance wasn't so expensive 2400 per year and i have 30yrs driver discount, and being on the north west coast line we get rain,rain,and more rain and our gas is 1.70 per liter which is like 6.50 per gallon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts