Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to use the 1,2,3 gear positions to shift in my automatic gt? My friend said it would mess up my transmission so i only tried it out once and it was so much fun to drive that way. It felt like a completely different car

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Thats what i was thinkin but iv'e heard so many different things i don't know what to think other than i probably shouldn't do it
Ya I don't think it messes anything up, doesn't shift the car any faster or better, I do know if you did this in the pre 1998 4r70w trans it would cause premature failure

If you want to shift buy a stick or Ferrari with paddle shifters

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I don't think it messes anything up, doesn't shift the car any faster or better, I do know if you did this in the pre 1998 4r70w trans it would cause premature failure

If you want to shift buy a stick or Ferrari with paddle shifters
I wanted a stick shift but my Gf begged me to get an auto :( + i got a good deal on it

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I wanted a stick shift but my Gf begged me to get an auto :( + i got a good deal on it
Did u say girlfriend? Sorry I have a hard time letting my girlfriend tell me what's for lunch, I'll never consider her into a huge finical investment

·
Registered
983 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
BaSohol said:
Did u say girlfriend? Sorry I have a hard time letting my girlfriend tell me what's for lunch, I'll never consider her into a huge finical investment
Haha. Wise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What # GF are you on? Must be over 100 by now huh? Lol, just saying if you respect them a bit more your life is way easier....btw,my gf is a member here and reads this stuff. Keep that in mind b4 u blast me Basohol...(ill b rewarded for this comment) lol

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
What # GF are you on? Must be over 100 by now huh? Lol, just saying if you respect them a bit more your life is way easier....btw,my gf is a member here and reads this stuff. Keep that in mind b4 u blast me Basohol...(ill b rewarded for this comment) lol
Idk I probably had bout 15 actually dating girlfriends, the rest I've just kept as friends, how long you to been together tho? My one girlfriend talked me into a color of a car but we were dating for 3 years and I didn't see the end in sight lol but then we got a place together and everything changed, I felt old, I was only 22. Haha so I kicked her out :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts