Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Mustang GT/CS auto, and I'm getting a strange noise that I'm afraid is my torque converter. It only makes the sound when it's in drive or reverse, but doesn't just do it in first gear. I'll attach a link to a video of it, just needing some help here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Yeah, I’d get that looked at immediately. How many miles do you have on your car, and have you checked the fluid level in the trans? There is no dipstick, I don’t think for the A6 — you have to back out a plug under the car and finger check the fluid level.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I’d get that looked at immediately. How many miles do you have on your car, and have you checked the fluid level in the trans? There is no dipstick, I don’t think for the A6 — you have to back out a plug under the car and finger check the fluid level.
32000 miles, and the dealership apparently changed fluid just a while ago. Like 2000 miles or so.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
32000 miles, and the dealership apparently changed fluid just a while ago. Like 2000 miles or so.

Either they used the wrong fluid, or did not fill it back up. I’d check the level right away (as in TODAY), and I’d also probably change it anyway in case they used the wrong viscosity or type., and see if that clears up the noise.
We have a couple of transmission specialty shops here that I would have listen to that without fail.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Either they used the wrong fluid, or did not fill it back up. I’d check the level right away (as in TODAY), and I’d also probably change it anyway in case they used the wrong viscosity or type., and see if that clears up the noise.
We have a couple of transmission specialty shops here that I would have listen to that without fail.
I honestly can't check it. I live in a single bedroom apartment in the city with absolutely no way of maintaining my car except on weekends.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I honestly can't check it. I live in a single bedroom apartment in the city with absolutely no way of maintaining my car except on weekends.

Don’t you get any days off? I would not drive the car with it making noise like that. Make an appointment at a trans shop and get it checked. Better safe than sorry (and check the price of a new trans if you think you need to keep driving it like this......)

https://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/automatic-transmission

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I say "apparently" because I guess they didn't change it. They also told me it had a transmission line leaking, supposedly fixed it. Sounds like they didn't.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a statement. I'm just saying that if they did what they said they did, then this shouldn't be happening. It was just poorly executed sarcasm lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts