Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just won an Autometer Lunar series cluster on eBay. They are discontinued and hard to find. Actually when I test drove my mustang 8 years ago, these gauges were in the car. The salesman took them out and put them in his stang. I picked these up on for $365 with shipping. That is about how much they were new but I'm not disappointed with the price. I wasn't going any higher than that though.

image-1109807692.jpg

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I just won an Autometer Lunar series cluster on eBay. They are discontinued and hard to find. Actually when I test drove my mustang 8 years ago, these gauges were in the car. The salesman took them out and put them in his stang. I picked these up on for $365 with shipping. That is about how much they were new but I'm not disappointed with the price. I wasn't going any higher than that though.
It looks good I like it :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got done the install. It really should only take about 1/2 hour. When I first put them in, they wouldn't light up. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. After taking them out and putting them back in multiple times trying to troubleshoot the problem, I finally found the problem. There is a two wire plug that provides the power to light the gauges. It has two wires on it and uses an existing bulb location. There are two ways it can go into the circuit board. Only one way works. I chose the wrong way at first. I read multiple articles online trying to find the problem and I found an installation write up from a 2002 issue of 5.0 magazine. They did the same thing at first which made me check that. They look pretty nice.

image-2277991385.jpg

This is what I had installed backwards at first

image-1550840806.jpg

Happy happy happy

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
That looks great!! Kinda makes me want to try and find one of those clusters. How long we're you searching for one?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i use to run lunar gauges in my old v6..my favorite cluster and column pods ever. i plan to eventually find another set for my current sixxer...looking really good man :good:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks great!! Kinda makes me want to try and find one of those clusters. How long we're you searching for one?

I have been searching for awhile. I wouldn't say that I have been actively searching. I would just check eBay every once and awhile. Check corral.net. You may have some luck there.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
I have been searching for awhile. I wouldn't say that I have been actively searching. I would just check eBay every once and awhile. Check corral.net. You may have some luck there.
Ok cool

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Wish they had one that redlined at 7,000
Then I'd buy it !

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love mine and I'm running sixes gauges in my swapped 4.6
How accurate are they using the sixes on a the 4.6? I would think they would be inaccurate because the speedo gauge and tach are different?? They are sweet looking gauges though.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Wish they had one that redlined at 7,000
Then I'd buy it !
Haha what do you need to redline at 7 grand?? Unless you have upgraded h/c/i. I think I hit the rev limiter at 6200
N/m just realized you are in a Mach 1. BTW your car looks pretty BA plasti'd

·
Registered
617 Posts
How accurate are they using the sixes on a the 4.6? I would think they would be inaccurate because the speedo gauge and tach are different?? They are sweet looking gauges though.

They are spot on. I've had 3 cops let me know about that...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts