Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock stereo system. I want to get where i can play music off my phone without buying a whole new stereo. Is there anyway i can do it? Its an 06 deluxe gt

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes.

I seem to say this a lot to your posts, but I'm thinking my dad's 06 has one. I haven't been in his car in over a year, I really should check it out next time, you ask all these questions and I get curious haha.

If your car doesn't have it, you can go with an FM modulator. I think they suck, especially if you live somewhere with a lot of radio station options. Out in the middle of nowhere, you'll have no problems with them.

I believe you can also run one still through the radio antenna, only it's more of a plug into the back of the radio type thing and the FM signal can still pass through it. Someone older than me could elaborate more on them, a lot of old vehicles added CD players/multi-disc changers this way 15ish years ago.

Honestly, if I were you and did not have an AUX in, I would go ahead and change head units. A lot of times, the aftermarket headunit will have more preamp power out and can actually improve the sound of your stock speakers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.

I seem to say this a lot to your posts, but I'm thinking my dad's 06 has one. I haven't been in his car in over a year, I really should check it out next time, you ask all these questions and I get curious haha.

If your car doesn't have it, you can go with an FM modulator. I think they suck, especially if you live somewhere with a lot of radio station options. Out in the middle of nowhere, you'll have no problems with them.

I believe you can also run one still through the radio antenna, only it's more of a plug into the back of the radio type thing and the FM signal can still pass through it. Someone older than me could elaborate more on them, a lot of old vehicles added CD players/multi-disc changers this way 15ish years ago.

Honestly, if I were you and did not have an AUX in, I would go ahead and change head units. A lot of times, the aftermarket headunit will have more preamp power out and can actually improve the sound of your stock speakers.
My cousin said i would have to get a whole new stereo. If u can just get a face for the stock stereo that will work? Then that will save me a lot of money and can put that in performance parts. But ya thanks dude for helping me out. I just got the mustang in may and 2 weeks after the transmission went out. Now it been in a transmission shop being rebuilt and should be ready anytime.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nope, not just a face. You've got to swap the whole unit.

If there is some kind of junkyard in your area, maybe you could find a stock unit with AUX cheap and it'll go right in place of yours' now. I'm waiting for someone else to chime in, I could be wrong (it happens frequently haha). Ebay, Craigslist, someone probably has wrecked one and you might find a bargain. Patience helps, I know what it's like having to wait to save up for a stereo (my truck had a cassette deck and I couldn't wait to upgrade it).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, not just a face. You've got to swap the whole unit.

If there is some kind of junkyard in your area, maybe you could find a stock unit with AUX cheap and it'll go right in place of yours' now. I'm waiting for someone else to chime in, I could be wrong (it happens frequently haha). Ebay, Craigslist, someone probably has wrecked one and you might find a bargain. Patience helps, I know what it's like having to wait to save up for a stereo (my truck had a cassette deck and I couldn't wait to upgrade it).
Well that sucks, guess ill just spend 100 on a new one.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You know, I keep thinking about it, and I wonder if Dad's really has the AUX in or not. It is a 6-disc changer... this is going to bug me until someone confirms it. I'm googling it now and not finding it yet

Edit: I'm finding it as an option for a 2007 but not an 06.

·
Registered
57 Posts
They didn't didn't have the aux option until 07. You may be able to pull a stereo out of an 07-09 that has the aux and put it in. You would have to pull the aux plug and wiring as well. To be honest you can pick up a stereo for $200 and $20 for the install kit.

You can check out Crutchfield to see what you need. All depends on whether you have a shaker 500 or 1000 or not.

I got a used 7" flip up DVD player for $150 and installed it along with a single din center channel. Combined with the shaker 500 in my 06 I have surround sound when watching movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you recommend any stereo?

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

They didn't didn't have the aux option until 07. You may be able to pull a stereo out of an 07-09 that has the aux and put it in. You would have to pull the aux plug and wiring as well. To be honest you can pick up a stereo for $200 and $20 for the install kit.

You can check out Crutchfield to see what you need. All depends on whether you have a shaker 500 or 1000 or not.

I got a used 7" flip up DVD player for $150 and installed it along with a single din center channel. Combined with the shaker 500 in my 06 I have surround sound when watching movies.

Can you recommend a good one ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here is a Pioneer with Bluetooth for $109. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X4700BT/Pioneer-DEH-X4700BT.html?tp=5684

I can't view the kit pieces on my phone but if you go to Crutchfield.com you can select your car and it will give you all the stereos that fit and the kit pieces.

Removing the old stereo is pretty simple. There are videos on YouTube and guides on here covering the subject.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a Pioneer with Bluetooth for $109. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X4700BT/Pioneer-DEH-X4700BT.html?tp=5684

I can't view the kit pieces on my phone but if you go to Crutchfield.com you can select your car and it will give you all the stereos that fit and the kit pieces.

Removing the old stereo is pretty simple. There are videos on YouTube and guides on here covering the subject.

Looks solid. Most likely going to order it tomorrow. Do i have to get a kit so it will fit my mustang? What else would i have to get? Wires?

·
Registered
88 Posts
The aux cord button was just a teaser for mustang owners in 2005-06. It didnt actually become useful until 2007 when they put it inside the console

·
Registered
457 Posts

Hey thanks for clarifying, I didn't want to give bad information.

Your region says Iowa, where are you at/from? I'm in the SW corner for a few more weeks before moving.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You will need the install kit, the adapter for the factory subs, the 5v converter for the subs and the wiring harness adapter.

If you go to Crutchfield and enter you car details it will show you all the pieces you will need.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You will need the install kit, the adapter for the factory subs, the 5v converter for the subs and the wiring harness adapter.

If you go to Crutchfield and enter you car details it will show you all the pieces you will need.

So i hsve to order all that with it or it comes with it when i pick for the car?

·
Registered
57 Posts
You will select the items. It usually suggests it for you. They used to give you the kit for free. Not sure if they do that anymore. You can always call them and they will get it all together for you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You will select the items. It usually suggests it for you. They used to give you the kit for free. Not sure if they do that anymore. You can always call them and they will get it all together for you.

Okay sweet. This app wont let me upoad a profile picture. Same problem for anyone else? I tried to upload this..

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Okay sweet. This app wont let me upoad a profile picture. Same problem for anyone else? I tried to upload this..

I had to do it from a computer... looks like a nice car!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can upload from my iPhone but I have to select the smaller file size.

·
Registered
457 Posts
What color is it?

Been there, done that. You might not be able to spend a lot of money on it now, but it doesn't cost much to keep it clean and in really nice shape. You'll get more compliments having a clean car that's well cared for over having the fastest car on the road. And then when you have the money... you've got a really fast car that's still really nice.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts