Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've notice the 06 mustang does not have an aux jack. Is it possible to install an 07' or above stock radio with the aux jack ? Will it be compatible ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
What you may be able to do is if your vehicle is equipped with xm radio and you dont use it, you can splice an aux into it. Thats how I did it in my 2006 cts

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
I've notice the 06 mustang does not have an aux jack. Is it possible to install an 07' or above stock radio with the aux jack ? Will it be compatible ?
Good question.. I'd get rid if the HU and buy an after market one

Or get the FRD04 AUX from PAC

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good question, my radio does have the aux cable but no where to plug it in. It's a 2006 gt premium with shaker 500

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have a 08. I use the jack in the armrest. I can use it to listen to pandora and I can use it to talk on my phone when it's plugged up. I bought a $3 AUX cable and plugs right into my iPhone

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the thing though. I have an 06 shaker 500 and it has the aux button but no input or wire to be found anywhere.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
It's probably because they used that same stereo in several different models and those may have came with an auxiliary plug in. The mustang didn't so the button is useless. It's like my '08 F150, it's stereo had a "Phone" button and it did jack ****. I think my '11 mustang does too. I don't know... I never cared to press it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's probably because they used that same stereo in several different models and those may have came with an auxiliary plug in. The mustang didn't so the button is useless. It's like my '08 F150, it's stereo had a "Phone" button and it did jack ****. I think my '11 mustang does too. I don't know... I never cared to press it.
True about the phone button. If I press it it says no phone connected when it is. If the phone rings while I'm in AUX mode I can answer my phone and I can hear them thru my speakers

·
Registered
28 Posts
True about the phone button. If I press it it says no phone connected when it is. If the phone rings while I'm in AUX mode I can answer my phone and I can hear them thru my speakers
I do that too, but everyone I talk to says there is a pretty bad echo on their end, obviously from them hearing themselves through the speakers... I'm not quite sure how to deal with that...

·
Registered
588 Posts
I do that too, but everyone I talk to says there is a pretty bad echo on their end, obviously from them hearing themselves through the speakers... I'm not quite sure how to deal with that...
Turn the volume down a bit on the phone and the echo will go away. It's like when you call into a radio station and they want you to turn down the radio when talking to them. It's the opposite when the phone is plugged in

1 - 20 of 26 Posts