Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
No the 175 quote I received was just the unbolt and bolt new one on.

I took it somewhere today where a guy showed my that my pype bomb was welded on and that the axle pype connected to the pype bomb was only 2 1/4. I originally bought mac pro chamber and pype bombs because I thought they were simple bolt ons.

Today when I got under the car I see that my Pro chamber appears to be on backwards....can anyone please let me know if I am wrong----I have called a few guys local and they laugh and say it is impossible to put an H pipe on backwards.....feeling dumb for even asking the question now.
To the best of my knowledge what you show is the off road ProChamber, which eliminated the stock cats and resonators. And as you have it noted, was properly installed and did not require any cutting or welding. I'm not sure why you thought it was backwards. (I have the ProChamber [For Stock Cats] version that did require cutting to leave the stock cats and resonators in place.)
I am not familiar with exactly where the pipe bombs typically get installed. They apparently didn't come with the appropriate connecting flanges, if they had to be welded in. Also, our exhaust size is 2 1/4" so don't know why that came up.
Hopefully those that are familiar with the pipe bombs, and I'm sure there are many, will chime in. Why didn't the guy that you took it to just say what it would take to add the typical axle back? They come with a flanged connection so he would have to either add a flange to the existing pipe after cutting out the pipe bombs or cut the flange from the axle back to allow welding.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Last update

after the nutroll today; I met a mustang driver who works in a garage and my Mac axle back is now connected (no issues) to my Mac Pro chamber...it cost me a 12 pack, pizza, and great conversation. Thx to you all for your help. Gotta love mustang owners always quick to help each other out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No the 175 quote I received was just the unbolt and bolt new one on.

I took it somewhere today where a guy showed my that my pype bomb was welded on and that the axle pype connected to the pype bomb was only 2 1/4. I originally bought mac pro chamber and pype bombs because I thought they were simple bolt ons.

Today when I got under the car I see that my Pro chamber appears to be on backwards....can anyone please let me know if I am wrong----I have called a few guys local and they laugh and say it is impossible to put an H pipe on backwards.....feeling dumb for even asking the question now.
That is the correct way man, no need to worry its correct

Sent from my SM-G925T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
795 Posts
after the nutroll today; I met a mustang driver who works in a garage and my Mac axle back is now connected (no issues) to my Mac Pro chamber...it cost me a 12 pack, pizza, and great conversation. Thx to you all for your help. Gotta love mustang owners always quick to help each other out.
Congrats dude, post up a sound clip.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Ray - This is awesome. I love reading posts like these, it makes me the much more proud to be apart of such a great community!

Don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if there's ever anything I can help out with or make a post and I'll see it, I'm always around here.

Alex

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thx Alex...just thinking how great AM is to have such dedication in you. Appreciate you always looking out.

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
Consider this a "like" for this post. This is what can be great about forums. I helped RoboStang lower his ride and know when I finish my bathroom (one project at a time) we get to work on lowering mine. :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got next gen axle backs for my 2019 mustang. A friend of mine who said he had his done for 80$ sent me to the same shop and after they lifted the car and welded the axle backs on even though they were cut and clamp, they charged me 175$ for 20 minutes of work and I had no way of arguing. The pipe tips are even a lil off. I only paid 315$ for the axle backs! The only reason I went to a shop was bc I couldn’t do the cut myself. I guess I learned today. Now I’m stuck with those axle backs permanently and have to get a catback to change it up. So disappointed ☹

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I got next gen axle backs for my 2019 mustang. A friend of mine who said he had his done for 80$ sent me to the same shop and after they lifted the car and welded the axle backs on even though they were cut and clamp, they charged me 175$ for 20 minutes of work and I had no way of arguing. The pipe tips are even a lil off. I only paid 315$ for the axle backs! The only reason I went to a shop was bc I couldn’t do the cut myself. I guess I learned today. Now I’m stuck with those axle backs permanently and have to get a catback to change it up. So disappointed ☹
You are replying to a 4 year old thread.....

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think what jkeaton may have meant, that the prices are not relative to the original thread. Might be better to start a new thread with updated info. Just a thought and not intended as a rebuke. (y)

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
What’s your point? Did they stop making mustangs or axle backs? People can still give advice and respond. You felt the need to....
His point was you should have started a new thread rather than bumping a 4 year old thread. Also introducing yourself first goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
No need to cop an attitude already.....

What’s your point? Did they stop making mustangs or axle backs? People can still give advice and respond. You felt the need to....
I think what jkeaton may have meant, that the prices are not relative to the original thread. Might be better to start a new thread with updated info. Just a thought and not intended as a rebuke. (y)
His point was you should have started a new thread rather than bumping a 4 year old thread. Also introducing yourself first goes a long way.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts