Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wanted a little help on some axle back exhaust. I would like to get flowmaster or magnaflow, I really like how those sound. Does anyone have those? If yes how much did you spend? And was it a big difference In sound and HP?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
470 Posts
And depends with magna flows. I havent heart the comps i want to since theyre muffler deleted like the pypes but 200 more

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
um I don't have personal experience without headers n h pipe but I have a friend with a 2011 v6 and it sounds sick especially past 3000 rpm

·
Registered
72 Posts
Random question but does it sound awesome without the headers or H-pipe?

The S is on my to-do list but I'm not 100% sure.
I have borla s type on my 13 stang and it sounds awesome. No raspiness or droning. Plus the 4 1/2" tips look badass. I dont have headers or h pipe.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
And depends with magna flows. I havent heart the comps i want to since theyre muffler deleted like the pypes but 200 more
I have a pair of Magnaflow Competition axle backs. They are louder than any of the youtube videos i've seen. After running them for a couple hundred miles i had to put my Magnaflow Street Series back on. I lost 'low end torque' with the Competitions. I 'guess' not enough back pressure with my long tube headers and catted shorty x-pipe? :( My low end torque came back when i put the Street Series back on.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Magnaflow Streets here

American Muscle has them.
They are totaley made of Stainless Steel.
They have excellent looking nice large tips.
They sound perfect and not so loud you can't hear your radio.
they have a nice deep rumble.
No need for resonators because these are not obnoxious and raspy.
No Drone and just a nice sound at 70 MPH ( Only if you tune your ear to hear them)
They fit perfect without a lot of tweeking.

They are a little costly but worth the extra $$$$. You get what you pay for.

Ronnie

·
Registered
52 Posts
With roush you're looking at a more subtle, to say the least, version of the ataks. I have the square tip roush/diffuser and i wouldn't switch it for anything out there. It has the perfect sound for me. The ataks aren't bad at all so you can't go wrong with either roush or borla. Dronewise they're both relatively the same. Also with the raspiness, when paired up with an OR xpipe/LT headers, these two are going to be equally raspy so you might want to drop in a set of GT resonators to kill that dry sound. Check out YouTube videos to see which one you like best

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
+1 on the Magnaflow 'Street Series'. I think they have the lowest exhaust sound compared to all the others. Just my opinion :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I say mags. All other exhausts I've heard are too tin can like and the roush would be nice if they didn't have the annoying popping while costing or decelerating.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts