Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,354 Posts
You might want to listen to some videos on you tube. If you want loud then Roush is what you want.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how's the cruising noise? like 2kish rpm I don't mind loudness so long as I don't have to hear a ton of drone when I'm just cruising down the highway

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
You might want to listen to some videos on you tube. If you want loud then Roush is what you want.
If you want obnoxious loud, then get the Roush.

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

If you want obnoxious loud, then get the Roush. Too bad a "radio delete" option wasn't available for those that go the way of Roush on a V6; you could have saved a few dollars, as you won't hear the radio as you accelerate.

Maybe if yiour cruising at a steady speed, or rolling down hill they are tolerable.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've heard so many exhausts in person that sound so different on YouTube. I guess I need to hear it in person

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I've heard so many exhausts in person that sound so different on YouTube. I guess I need to hear it in person
There's a TON of 11+ Mustang owners running the Roush axleback exhaust. I'm sure if you went to a car show or meet, you'll run into someone with the axleback installed. I agree it's always best to hear the exhaust in person.

I know it's winter right now, so unless you're located in a warm area, car shows aren't going to be for another few months. So, it's a little hard to choose right now. We do have an exhaust clip on our product page filmed with a high end camera/microphone to give you the most realistic volume/tone possible. Check it out, especially if you have decent computer speakers.

IMO, the Roush axleback is perfect for a 5.0 with the stock mid-pipe installed. Good luck with your decision!

Shane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts