Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many splines on the axel do 99 + v6's and gt's have?

is it v6 28
and gt 31
am i correct or not i want to know cause im gonna build up an 8.8 pretty soon

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Nope, GT's and V6's both come with 28 spline axles. 31 spline axles are mainly just aftermarket.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok the gears will be 3.73. will i have to get a speed cal on a chip (99+ manual) or just a chip, im guessing just a chip right.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
can i just get one of the flashers that go into my obd2 port or do i have to get the chip that acctualy goes inside the ecc, like that sct you are selling 97 stallion would that do the trick

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
yes my SCT chip I'm selling will do the trick. You can also get a speed cal for you car, but it'll just calibrate your car. My chip will add about 10-15 hp and about 15-20 tq

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the speed cal will do the trick for my speedometer correct, cant the chip do that

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Ya, I forgot to add that, the chip will fix your speedo also and add the extra hp and tq

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm i may contact you pretty soon about buying that sct from you, i just gotta get my car out of the shop (body work from crash). oh and is this like a chip you have to put in the ecc or just for your obd2 plug

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
232stang said:
hmm i may contact you pretty soon about buying that sct from you, i just gotta get my car out of the shop (body work from crash). oh and is this like a chip you have to put in the ecc or just for your obd2 plug
Yes, it's an actual chip that you plug into your EEC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts