Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone..havent been on in a while but i just got rid of my old 96 gt and got my self a blown 98 cobra with 40k miles on it so i thought id be back to get some cool ideas for some new upgrades to throw on it..ill have some pictures up tomorrow! thanks

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
vinnygt said:
Thanks guys! Here's the new ride! Let me know what u guys think
Could anyone tell me what that red box thing is on the left side of the engine?
Looks to be an ignition box. Likely to ****** the timing as the boost climbs.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No they didn't but it's only had one owner and the only apparent mods are the blower, 5.0 pro shorts shifter, after market exhaust which sounds pretty damn nice, boost and pressure gauges and that's about it. Everything else is stock. What kind of numbers would u guys guess?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Umm the couple times that I've floored it I haven't payed much attention to the gauge. But tomorrow I will find out:) how can I tell if the gauges are accurate though? Its -20 at idle and goes to about -10 when I drive without pushing it hard

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
vinnygt said:
Umm the couple times that I've floored it I haven't payed much attention to the gauge. But tomorrow I will find out:) how can I tell if the gauges are accurate though? Its -20 at idle and goes to about -10 when I drive without pushing it hard
So you're saying it sits at -20psi of vacuum at idle, then -10psi of vacuum at normal speeds? The only way to tell will be if you floor it and see what it climbs to.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes. And ok I'm about to find that out hope there's not too much traffic. Lol.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

I took the freeway to school but Lots of traffic! :( I wasnt able to get past 3rd! I was able to get about 7 psi at 5500 in third. Sound normal?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got a friend who owns a smog shop he's got the rollers and everything. U guys think they can dyno it there and get me some numbers? I ask because I've never heard him say he's done that for people

1 - 17 of 17 Posts