Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow ponyists. I just moved back to the USA after living in the Turks and Caicos Islands for 12 years, where I was way into sailing, fishing, diving, blogging about tropical expat life, etc. It was another world, far different from life in the US.
I'm living in Colorado at the moment, planning to move to Texas next year.

I owned a 68 GT 390 Fastback in my youth, which I messed with quite a bit. Loved the car. I just bought a 2008 GT last week, stock, with only 21000 miles on it. Was a summer driver for a guy in Wyoming, one owner car. I found this forum while looking for info on CAI and tuners. I was impressed by the general attitude and mature approach I found here as compared to some of the other forums.

I come from an undersea acoustics and oceanographic background, and have been a shadetree mechanic for fifty years. I hope to be able to participate here when I can add something useful, and to keep my mouth shut when I can't.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
Welcome to the party, glad you could make it.
Let's see that Mustang!

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome. I just went back to orig post and (hopefully) figured out how to add an image. This was what it looked like right as the used car salesman was swooping down on me, after having seen the glint in my eyes from all the way across the parking lot.

It's already lost the dealer promo stickers and stuff. And yes, I would have preferred not to have a fake scoop, but it came with it so I'll have to get used to that.

I just ordered an SCT X4 this morning. yee hah, etc.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome! My brother had a '67 390 GTA, fun car(could burn rubber forever) and the first car I ever saw smoke the front tires going around a corner fast(C6 Tranny +FE V8=lotta weight). The speedometer would go up and the gas gauge would plummet. Be worth a pretty penny know with it being a fastback.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, mine had the C6 too. I loved that transmission. I used to prey specifically on the Chevelle SS 396's around Long Point in Houston in those days. We were usually pretty well matched for HP. But every one of those guys had a four speed manual, and I don't care how good they were shifting it, every time they touched the clutch my C6 would gain on them. I'd put a big Holley double pumper four barrel, a dual pt. distributor, headers, pipes etc. on my 390 and I took a few of the Chevy RPO's down too.

Used to drive the GT to the beach with my surfboard on top, put the rear seat down and open it up to the trunk and sleep in it. I left Texas in that car when I was 21. Now I'm returning to Texas with another GT, exactly 40 model years later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want a replacement hood you can get a cervinis. They are excellent at matching paint too.

Mustang Ram Air Hoods, 05-09 Ram Air Hood - Cervini's

That's just one group. They also have hear extractor types.

This one would look great :)

View attachment 208305
Wow, those are nice. Looked at their website. The ram-air attachment that channels air from the front scoop types over to the air box look interesting, with the louvers to extract engine compartment heat at the same time.

I had been planning to buy a CAI next, until I started reading some of the reports and thinking about it a little more. Looks like my money might be better spent elsewhere.

Thanks for the link.

Know anyone who sells a complete exhaust kit, from headers to tips?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I bought the duct with mine since they took 10% off when you bought two or more items and it only cost $20 more to get it.

Have to do some custom work since I have a V6 and they don't make a V6 CAI system. Might be a winter or spring project since I have too many going on at the moment though. That and my next project (twin turbos) might effect the placement of the duct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts