Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had my baby waxed for the first time today.there guy gave me a $100 wax job for $50 so I couldn't pass that up.they used "back to black wax" and said that it would last for atleast 8 months.

What spray wax, spray detailed and car wash soap should I use to keep it looking as good as possible while it's waxed?

How open should I spray wax and spray detail?

Thanks.

ForumRunner_20120921_125613.png

ForumRunner_20120921_125645.png

ForumRunner_20120921_125721.png

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WheelStander said:
Ice, no water spots while you're drying.

But yeah no water spots on my black baking in the sun when I washed it and dried it.
Yeah I don't like the water spots.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
A synthetic spray wax will often remove an underlying natural wax. If the layer of wax they used is natural then use a caranuba based natural spray wax. Turtle ice is a synthetic line. They do make natural based caranuba spray wax also.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DaBluedude said:
A synthetic spray wax will often remove an underlying natural wax. If the layer of wax they used is natural then use a caranuba based natural spray wax. Turtle ice is a synthetic line. They do make natural based caranuba spray wax also.
I'll have to find out what type of back to black wax they used then.I'm not sure if it's synthetic or not.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
cheelyb09 said:
I'll have to find out what type of back to black wax they used then.I'm not sure if it's synthetic or not.
I'm willing to bet it's a natural wax. But I'm sure you can find it on their website. I've seen it in stores here. I'm probably gonna try it next spring. As I've got lots of wax already.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DaBluedude said:
I'm willing to bet it's a natural wax. But I'm sure you can find it on their website. I've seen it in stores here. I'm probably gonna try it next spring. As I've got lots of wax already.
Ok really need to learn how to wax my car myself.

·
Registered
525 Posts
A garage..lol..jk..i use that turtles ice,,thats what i like the best,,but black almost immpossible to keep water spots completely off,,i fight with that all the time,,also dont use the carwash with the brushes,,it will put swirls in your paint,,for on a black car,,they got the car washes with just the water spray

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mymustang said:
A garage..lol..jk..i use that turtles ice,,thats what i like the best,,but black almost immpossible to keep water spots completely off,,i fight with that all the time,,also dont use the carwash with the brushes,,it will put swirls in your paint,,for on a black car,,they got the car washes with just the water spray
Yes it is so hard to keep a black car clean.it sucks.unusually just take it to a car wash place and let them wash it and hand dry it but I'm there like every couple of days.ughhh

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
mymustang said:
yep,,but i wouldnt want any other color,,its beautiful when shes clean
Agreed. I love the black look especially when it's clean. I hate that my back alley is gravel and it dusts all over the car all the time.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seems like black just attracts dust ughhhhh.

Since i just got my car waxed a week ago and I washed it today.is it ok to spray it down with a spray wax or spray detailer.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
cheelyb09 said:
Seems like black just attracts dust ughhhhh.

Since i just got my car waxed a week ago and I washed it today.is it ok to spray it down with a spray wax or spray detailer.
Yes. The wax that you applied will cure to its hardest in 12-24 hours. Applying a layer on top won't hurt but it will remove some of the surface layer of wax.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok thanks.cuz I just washed it and it's not as shiney as it was when I first waxed it.

Which quick wax is the best/which one should I use.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts