Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, let's try this again. 2004, 3.8 V-6 stalled out at a traffic light. Tries to start, but won't quite make it. Other symptoms: Used 1/2 tank of gas in 2 days - at least twice what it normal did. Kind of hard to start a couple days ago, but OK since. What would it be? I'm thinking bad fuel filter, but that wouldn't explain the large amount of gas used in just 2 days. What do ya say, folks? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Bad fuel injectors, bad plugs wires, hole in fuel line (would be really obvious but just suggesting) im no mechanic, but i've had problems with bad plugs and wires, and it gave me absolute crap for gasmileage. And, car hated to start up. But it never died out on me like that, sorry i cant be of more help but goodluck!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
If you replace the fuel filter and see "rusty" fuel come out, run it for a day and replace it again with 2nd new one till clear fuel appears. If engine temp is getting up to normal temp with no codes, then get some plugs, clean the air filter, and do 2 cans of Seafoam treatment. The tri-colored vacuum lines to EGR are brittle and break easily.
When your done with the PM work, reset the computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts