Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm driving my GT the car feels like it is going to shut off. I was told it could be the fuel pump. Anyone have the same problem?

·
Registered
648 Posts
BeasGT said:
When I hit it. After the 1st rpm.
& as soon as I let it off it runs normal
Mine does the same thing, I changed coils and wires and its a lot better but still not 100% I'm really confused as to what else to check

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just because no one else suggested it... When is the last time you changed your fuel filter? Or have you filled up at a new gas station that you usually don't fill up at

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just because no one else suggested it... When is the last time you changed your fuel filter? Or have you filled up at a new gas station that you usually don't fill up at
I changed it when I rebuilt the engine.
Which was about a year ago.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes exactly like that!
Try coils man I'm telling you these mustangs have a lot of the same symptoms. Try both really. I just got over this issue. I would just go through standard procedure and check volt reference to the pump also.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

I changed it when I rebuilt the engine.
Which was about a year ago.
Oh yah change it now!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
If it's been a year, I'd go ahead and change it... Don't take but 15 min, if even that and if it doesn't help then move to the coils. I say that cause my car done somethin similar to that when I first got it, and it ended up bein fuel filter.. But I don't have individual coils, I have packs so I could be wrong. Just givin out my 2 cents for the day lol

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it's been a year, I'd go ahead and change it... Don't take but 15 min, if even that and if it doesn't help then move to the coils. I say that cause my car done somethin similar to that when I first got it... But I don't have individual coils, I have packs
I think ima try the coils

·
Registered
470 Posts
If it's been a year, I'd go ahead and change it... Don't take but 15 min, if even that and if it doesn't help then move to the coils. I say that cause my car done somethin similar to that when I first got it... But I don't have individual coils, I have packs
Can't agree more

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

I think ima try the coils
Filter too man they really don't last long...

·
Registered
540 Posts
I know people don't like the cheap jegs coils. But i bought one for 17 bucks just to use as a test coil. That way I've got a cheap one in the trunk for emergency and to test for bad coils. Then if I find one I get a factory ford for the fix.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts