Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a 2012 V6 dub edition. Which includes the 3.31 gears. It also has a Steeda intake and a Borla Stinger exhaust. It is tuned as well but I don't have any of the specs on that.

I'm averaging 17mph. I don't floor it, I drive mainly highway miles. Is there anything I can do to increase the gas milage? Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ditch the heavy wheels. That is costing you a few mpg

·
Registered
411 Posts
Personally getting the most 19 mpg I'm my 2013 i don't get it either.. Might be your 20 inch rims... Post pics of when you got your car!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Find out about the tune!.. It may be more for performance and less for mileage!.. Also lower gearing is going to hurt the mileage more!...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Find out about the tune!.. It may be more for performance and less for mileage!.. Also lower gearing is going to hurt the mileage more!...
Any way I could find out about the tune?

·
Registered
745 Posts
that's just the way of horsepower sadly. the balance between horsepower and mpg is top notch on a stock v6

·
Registered
571 Posts
Eturner said:
I always thought high gearing hurts you mpgs on the highways. Oh well

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Any way I could find out about the tune?
Best guess would be, ask the previous owner!.. If you got it from a dealership, and they told you it was tuned then they should be able to tell you more!..

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

I always thought high gearing hurts you mpgs on the highways. Oh well
You made a statement about lower gears, that usually refers to putting something along the lines of 3.73 or 4.10s as opposed to the 3.31s that are in there now!..

Yes 4.10s will get slightly worse mileage vs 3.31!..

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Best guess would be, ask the previous owner!.. If you got it from a dealership, and they told you it was tuned then they should be able to tell you more!..

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

You made a statement about lower gears, that usually refers to putting something along the lines of 3.73 or 4.10s as opposed to the 3.31s that are in there now!..

Yes 4.10s will get slightly worse mileage vs 3.31!..
I got it from a private seller. He has all the records but didn't know much about cars.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Dubs don't be belong on mustangs ever!!!!!
Dubs ?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I got it from a private seller. He has all the records but didn't know much about cars.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Dubs ?
Was he the first owner?... If so ask him for any and all paperwork he has on it!..

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was he the first owner?... If so ask him for any and all paperwork he has on it!..
Yeah he was. It has the tune on there. Just doesn't say the specs

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah he was. It has the tune on there. Just doesn't say the specs
Hey your using a bama tuner? If so when you connect it and choose select tune it will say like 87s for 87 octane street tune
Or 87p for 87 octane performance tune and maybe a 93r for 93 octane race tune... Hope that helps... Choose the street tune and you will see better gas mileage then the performance tune

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey your using a bama tuner? If so when you connect it and choose select tune it will say like 87s for 87 octane street tune
Or 87p for 87 octane performance tune and maybe a 93r for 93 octane race tune... Hope that helps... Choose the street tune and you will see better gas mileage then the performance tune
No it's an SCT. I have to put 93 in it so is imagine its tuned for racing. I'm not sure if it have multiple tunes on it though.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I have ran 87/89/93 octanes and tunes 87street/87performance/93 race.
I have ran the 87street and performance with 87 and 93 octane.
Now my opinion on it is the 87street with 87 octane is the best. Good performance and gas mileage, I couldn't tell much of a difference in running the 87street with 93 octane or running the 93race with 93. When I put 93octane in my car it sucks it down so fast and I don't see the power gains where it's worth it.
Just my opinion I'm sure everyone has their own on the tunes but I have tried each one with every octane of gas.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts