Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found my first real problem with my toy. When I bought the car I noticed the heater core was bypassed , I asked him about it and he gave me a story about some kinda performance gain. I didn't beleive him about a gain but I had read of other people doing this to. I even asked him if the
Core was bad and he said no. I would have bought the car anyways but would have fixed the problem before it started getting cold.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i dont know any kind of gain you would get from that considering your heater can actually help keep your water cooler.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
In the process of replacing mine as I type this. Not something I want to do, but I refuse to pay $500+ to have it done.
You are right tho. Its a real pain in the bottom.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's what mine looks like too.
Is there anything else in that area that I can change out since its all ripped apart?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Going to do that too then. Waiting on another person to help roll the dash back.
In the meantime, is there any visual way just by looking at the heads and intake whether its been swapped with pi?

·
Registered
779 Posts
truckinu said:
Going to do that too then. Waiting on another person to help roll the dash back.
In the meantime, is there any visual way just by looking at the heads and intake whether its been swapped with pi?
If you have actual Coil On Plugs.. No Ignition wires.. Pi Intake has Alm. crossover ( Front ) uhm.. Serial on heads im sure.. I think the code is X or D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If you have actual Coil On Plugs.. No Ignition wires.. Pi Intake has Alm. crossover ( Front ) uhm.. Serial on heads im sure.. I think the code is X or D
Hate to b a pita but can u show picture of engine with alm crossover? I think mine has it. Is it possible to have npi with alm crossover?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Don't know for sure, but I heard you can put a pi manifest on non pi if you drill a coolant hole somewhere.
Ye I know that lol. When I bought my car the Guy replaced something in front of motor. He said it was plastic and was bound to break. My mechanic said the intake looks like it was replaced so I'm hoping it has pi intake. Save me from doing it. Even tho ill have to pull it to replace cams.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts