Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace all of the suspension parts along with the the struts and shocks. It is a 2007 Mustang GT manual and was wondering if I should get ford replacement parts. It been a long time since I have worked on a car. Thanks

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
The last couple of times that I have done suspension rebuilds, I have used Rockauto for parts. They generally have a good selection of Motorcraft parts. Some people also buy from Tasca Ford.
The online parts sources are convenient, but you need to make sure that you are ordering all of the correct parts. If you have to return something, it can quickly become inconvenient and less cost effective than purchasing everything locally.
When you are looking at parts, I recommend that you consider purchasing new front control arm assemblies. They come with the ball joints and bushings pre-installed, which saves a considerable amount of time and frustration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in a remote area so I try to order stuff online. Thank you for responding to my post. I am going to look at the control arms

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have used Rockauto and did not have a problem but I read or saw something that said they no longer have a customer service number and trying to get something returned or talking to a live person was a pain. I could be incorrect but I made a mental note not to use them again. It would be easy enough to look at their web page and see if they have a number that you can use to talk to a live person.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Welcome Aboard from Cutler Bay, Florida.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts