Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I just got my bama flash tuner and I was wondering was the best possible things to do with it performance wise, I have it on "performance mode" and is it okay to run it on race tune for daily driving, like it won't mess up the engine, just crazy throttle response right?

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,866 Posts
hey guys, I just got my bama flash tuner and I was wondering was the best possible things to do with it performance wise, I have it on "performance mode" and is it okay to run it on race tune for daily driving, like it won't mess up the engine, just crazy throttle response right?
I hope you're enjoying your Bama tune! You have the right idea, the Race tune is perfectly safe to run all the time as your daily driver tune. Just be conscious of the added throttle response, it's very responsive!

Other then that, you're good to go!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
460 Posts
I hope you're enjoying your Bama tune! You have the right idea, the Race tune is perfectly safe to run all the time as your daily driver tune. Just be conscious of the added throttle response, it's very responsive!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Hey quick question does adding one of these tunes effect fuel mileage at all? Thinking about getting one.
Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, mpg is effected by act bans tunes. A street, performance, and race tune can be programmed to run 87, 89, or 91/93 gas. For example my 93 performance tune has better gas mileage then a lower octane race tune, because the performance tune effects the higher rpm which the race tune effects the whole rpm band.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

-Dan
is it okay to have it at high idles when it's in neutral and parked?

and do I have to wait till my gas gets close to empty before I can do the 91 race tune?

05 V6 Mustang.

·
Registered
257 Posts
is it okay to have it at high idles when it's in neutral and parked?

and do I have to wait till my gas gets close to empty before I can do the 91 race tune?

05 V6 Mustang.
You shouldn't fill up with a different octane when you have more than a quarter tank left but if you have less than a quarter tank, you should be fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im not sure if its ok for the high idle or not. On a cold start, mine will idle at 1500, then settle between 750-1000 and remain there. I do know the street and race tune effect the lower rpm's, but don't know if the high idle will be a problem. For the octane, i wait until my gas light is on if i am changing tunes with different octanes, because if my gas light just comes on i can still have a gallon or two of gas still I the tank

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
an does anybody know about the spark and other options that the bam sct tuner offer because I don't know the rest of the stuff like air/fuel ratio and stuff

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey guys so if I get an 87 octane tune will I have to us that gas or can use 91 octane fuel with the 87 tune?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm about to fill up on race tune today but do I fill up on 91 first then use the tune or while I'm there, use my tune then full up?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
for instance, if you have your car in performance tune, and it requires the same 83 or 87, you can fill up your car with 83 octane or higher, but never a lower octane fuel, or it will damage your engine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just got the hybrid tune and I think I have mixed feelings. How long should I drive it for to see its full potential.

The tune didn't give me that shock factor, but I did upload the performance only and not the race tune. Any opinions will be appreciated.

·
Banned
610 Posts
I just got the hybrid tune and I think I have mixed feelings. How long should I drive it for to see its full potential.

The tune didn't give me that shock factor, but I did upload the performance only and not the race tune. Any opinions will be appreciated.
Alot of people say you can feel it as soon as you give it gas.. I'm still undecided if I should get it or not.. its almost 400$

1 - 19 of 19 Posts