Mustang Evolution Forum banner

581 - 600 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had my 3.7 tuned at 5k miles! I bought my pony with 22 miles on it. One doesn't realize how sloppy and sad the factory tune and shift points are in an automatic until you get an aftermarket tune.

Have a great day!

Have you had any issues with warranty work since your car is tuned?

2013 Black Mustang 3.7, Pony package, cold weather package, Borla Ataks

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Well i just bought this car, and bought a extended warranty with it, just wondering if i should risk it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If it's automatic it's worth it. Stick shifts w bolt on mods you won't tell difference.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Well i just bought this car, and bought a extended warranty with it, just wondering if i should risk it.
I tuned my car around 8k miles. I decided there was no way I was waiting until the warranty was over. Refunded my extended warranty and bought the tuner/tune. I'm now sitting on 14k miles (and 5 months later) and haven't had a single problem.

Haven't needed any warranty work so can't comment on that.

Car is a 14 v6 auto.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I'm definitely going to do it. Was actually about to drop the hammer on it, but saw there was a discount code, just have to get post count up and pm Dan. So i'll probably just wait out on that.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I tuned my car around 8k miles. I decided there was no way I was waiting until the warranty was over. Refunded my extended warranty and bought the tuner/tune. I'm now sitting on 14k miles (and 5 months later) and haven't had a single problem.

Haven't needed any warranty work so can't comment on that.

Car is a 14 v6 auto.

Mine is a 14 V6 as well, with 17k miles on it. It does have factory warranty, but the wife wants the aftermarket for ease of mind with 100 dollar deductable.. I didn't know i could cancel the extendo and get reimbursed.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Mine is a 14 V6 as well, with 17k miles on it. It does have factory warranty, but the wife wants the aftermarket for ease of mind with 100 dollar deductable.. I didn't know i could cancel the extendo and get reimbursed.
Yup. Refunded it as soon as possible to get the most money back because I decided this car wasn't staying stock for XXXXX miles! Nice chunk of change back in your wallet too.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I'll ask the finance lady when she calls me back tomorrow if i can cancel. Just going to be coming off of the loan anyways

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm looking on eBay and I've found the X4 tuners for around $315, but some are for different years like the 05-10 models instead of the 2013 which is what I have. Does it really matter if I buy a tuner that is for a different year model or are they actually specific to the model?

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I'm looking on eBay and I've found the X4 tuners for around $315, but some are for different years like the 05-10 models instead of the 2013 which is what I have. Does it really matter if I buy a tuner that is for a different year model or are they actually specific to the model?

I would not recommend buying it on eBay if you want new. Just buy it from AM directly. Its the way to go. Its $ 379 and 6% off that price from forum discount!

Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I would not recommend buying it on eBay if you want new. Just buy it from AM directly. Its the way to go. Its $ 379 and 6% off that price from forum discount!

Have a great day!
Something else to keep in mind is the fact that if you buy it from ebay, you still need to buy tunes. That final amount will, in almost every case, be more than having bought it brand new to begin with. Buy it from a retailer to get their tunes included.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good points. I didn't think about the forum discount or having to buy the tunes. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Something else to keep in mind is the fact that if you buy it from ebay, you still need to buy tunes. That final amount will, in almost every case, be more than having bought it brand new to begin with. Buy it from a retailer to get their tunes included.
Yeah , a little something I forgot to mention! Sorry about that OP!

Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
399 Posts

Have a great day!
399.99******* and only 6% off if you have the code, which I do not, so I am just waiting on that haha

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Nevermind... just placed my order hahaha
Your gonna love it. really wakes the cars up. I know I have a GT but been in plenty of 6ers with a tune and it does a TON! Looks like your fairly new here as well so in case I havent said before. Welcome!

581 - 600 of 617 Posts