Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a barton bracket and had it delivered to a friend in Vermont. I just got here and opened it up and find the inner bushing looks cracked. Can someone who bought one please verify?

Auto part

Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It's not cracked, it's split by design. That's how it slips over the shifter extension. Look on youtube, there are install instructions listed there. Watch them and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.k I see it on YouTube now, the pic from AM doesn't show it or the same color bushing for that matter lol. Can't wait to install it tomorrow! Thx Sanguin I was hoping you were around when I posted!

·
Registered
71 Posts
O.k I see it on YouTube now, the pic from AM doesn't show it or the same color bushing for that matter lol. Can't wait to install it tomorrow! Thx Sanguin I was hoping you were around when I posted!
MrMike: How is your Barton bracket? I just received mine today and can't wait to install it. How do you find shifting from 2-3rd with the new bracket and the stock shifter?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
47 Posts
BYTHEWAY! Be careful not to overtighten the bracket to the two studs welded to the frame of the car. I did so very slightly and they cracked the bolt. Its not a hard fix, but just painful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
George: Ok thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh and btw to answer your question about the shifting; Once its breaks in, its like butter. My friend had done the same mod but also changed the trans fluid, and THAT makes it even more worthwhile; especially in the colder climates where our shifter is notchy downshifting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ya eh I may do that at the same time. Do you know which fluid he used?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nah, I got no idea. His was also the 5.0 which even though it shares the same tranny, im not too positive on the same fluid and what not. But when in doubt, whip royal purple out!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Haha ya eh. Ya I have a 5.0 as well. I will do some research on it or talk to a mechanic. Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
OH lol. My bad. I didnt look at your sig.
My apologies.
Messaged him and it seems he used Amsoil

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great thanks for looking into that for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts