Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to install two different Barton shifters in my mustang. Both would not allow my car to engage in first or second. I know it was done correct and even had someone check. Anybody have this problem or know of a possible solution. It's driving me insane!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
During install, I believe the instructions tell you to shift all the gears before tightening the bracket up all the way ... did you do that (if you installed the bracket, too)? Perhaps the lower housing is not aligned properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,608 Posts
You have to press the clutch before going in to gear lol JK :)
I have no idea what it could be, am doing the same mod next so i would like to know what is causing it. Good luck
 

·
It's not me, it's you.
Joined
·
6,752 Posts
There's gotta be something you're missing? What are the odds that two shifter kits would have the same problem? I haven't done one yet and I hope you figure it out so you can share your results with us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,608 Posts
13boss302 said:
He talking about doing all this stuff to his gt and asking questions then said going to trade for boss
Wow i guess i have an admirer that is following my foot steps lol.

Well i will be going to the dealer later today around 5 bc i had to take care of a small business in the morning and that ended up taking me the whole day. I will be driving a red boss 13 and a 13 gt500 black. I will not consider the gt500 due to the $$ but why turn down a test drive of such a car. I will post some pics of the cars in just a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,608 Posts
13boss302 said:
McQueen why u changing shifter u was talking yesterday about trading gt in for a boss
Considering a trade is not actually doing it, if i choose to stay with my gt, yes i will like to change my shifter and some other things to make it my own :)

I am not like you that can afford both gt500 and a boss, i can only have 1 :( that is why making the decision takes time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mmike87 said:
During install, I believe the instructions tell you to shift all the gears before tightening the bracket up all the way ... did you do that (if you installed the bracket, too)? Perhaps the lower housing is not aligned properly.
We did. But once we tightened up it was a no go!!!

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

primer2tone said:
There's gotta be something you're missing? What are the odds that two shifter kits would have the same problem? I haven't done one yet and I hope you figure it out so you can share your results with us.
That's what I said till I brought it to the dealer and they could not figure it out. Doing research!!

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

13boss302 said:
He talking about doing all this stuff to his gt and asking questions then said going to trade for boss
Are you talking bout me????
 

·
It's not me, it's you.
Joined
·
6,752 Posts
Charged13 said:
That's what I said till I brought it to the dealer and they could not figure it out. Doing research!!
Is it a possibility that maybe they sent you the wrong shifter? Do you have any way to compare it to another?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Charged13 said:
We did. But once we tightened up it was a no go!!!

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------



That's what I said till I brought it to the dealer and they could not figure it out. Doing research!!

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------



Are you talking bout me????
No charged13 not about you
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top