Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
What kind of driveshaft did you choose? I'm very interested how it turns out. I'll be ordering mine soon just have to figure out what company I'm going to go with.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Driveshaft will wait till Saturday. Axle backs were super easy except one hanger but it got done. Videos to follow in a few.

Very quiet at an idle, in love with the sound at WOT. Not the loudest, but quality loud.

Did a short drive, could not find the drone I read about

·
Registered
97 Posts
SolidRRaxle said:
Driveshaft will wait till Saturday. Axle backs were super easy except one hanger but it got done. Videos to follow in a few.

Very quiet at an idle, in love with the sound at WOT. Not the loudest, but quality loud.

Did a short drive, could not find the drone I read about
Awsome, I was woundering about the drone. Can't wait for the videos

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here is the video. iPhone... Sound isn't great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1jg_EK4fDs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Bluebaretoe said:
What kind of driveshaft did you choose? I'm very interested how it turns out. I'll be ordering mine soon just have to figure out what company I'm going to go with.
Went with the American muscle one. No brand on the box

Another thing. No big bulky oval box behind the valence. Very clean look.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SoildRRaxle,

Sounds great! I love Borla exhaust for any Mustang really. The tone is just right with a stock mid-pipe and Borla axle-back or cat-back!

Enjoy it!

Shane

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AMShaneLesky said:
SoildRRaxle,

Sounds great! I love Borla exhaust for any Mustang really. The tone is just right with a stock mid-pipe and Borla axle-back or cat-back!

Enjoy it!

Shane
Thanks Shane. I'm in the market for a suspension next. Adjustable frpp is likely, but let me know ur thoughts on what's out there

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kind of a bump here. I had borla before and this is definitely better. A little burble/rasp, but it is very track and u can only here it when you romp on it. Borla was much louder at idle, but didn't change as much to the race-type sound that bassani does. Still no drone but I will be doing a long drive in the next two weeks to meet up with the wife I fired for my son. Will post on the possible drone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SolidRRaxle said:
Kind of a bump here. I had borla before and this is definitely better. A little burble/rasp, but it is very track and u can only here it when you romp on it. Borla was much louder at idle, but didn't change as much to the race-type sound that bassani does. Still no drone but I will be doing a long drive in the next two weeks to meet up with the wife I fired for my son. Will post on the possible drone.
What borla did u have? Thinking about changing from bassani to borla.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
drewzx3 said:
What borla did u have? Thinking about changing from bassani to borla.
I had the catback s type. More drone with that than the bassani. A week in, it seems they are getting a little louder but still not the low drone I heard (outside the car) with the Borla.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Thanks Shane. I'm in the market for a suspension next. Adjustable frpp is likely, but let me know ur thoughts on what's out there

I'm assuming you're referring to adjustable LCA's? If that's the case, I'm a really big fan of Whiteline's adjustable LCA's. They have top notch equipment and one of the most affordable top tier suspension companies out there. We recently setup our 2011 GT auto with all of Whitelines suspension products, from adjustable LCA's, UCA's, Pan-hard bar, relocation brackets, etc. Bottom line is, I will use all of their equipment on my next Mustang Project car. You really can't beat their product between price and quality.

If you have any questions about their components or anything else, let me know!

Shane

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AMShaneLesky said:
I'm assuming you're referring to adjustable LCA's? If that's the case, I'm a really big fan of Whiteline's adjustable LCA's. They have top notch equipment and one of the most affordable top tier suspension companies out there. We recently setup our 2011 GT auto with all of Whitelines suspension products, from adjustable LCA's, UCA's, Pan-hard bar, relocation brackets, etc. Bottom line is, I will use all of their equipment on my next Mustang Project car. You really can't beat their product between price and quality.

If you have any questions about their components or anything else, let me know!

Shane
Thanks. I meant the FRPP suspension pack.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts