Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if u guys saw my long post for the cai that I installed yesterday but I'm curious if any of u were as stupid as I was and tried to over unscrew the connector on the negative battery terminal instead of loosening it and then taking off. I stripped the bracket that holds the pin. :(

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Flashjmg said:
I don't know if u guys saw my long post for the cai that I installed yesterday but I'm curious if any of u were as stupid as I was and tried to over unscrew the connector on the negative battery terminal instead of loosening it and then taking off. I stripped the bracket that holds the pin. :(
Lol take a socket and go to ur local dealer and take one from one of the cars there hahaha

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol. Yeah this is a weird connector cause it seems attached to the battery. I wonder if i have to change the battery what I'm gonna do? Seems like the battery has to have that bracket in there. Or maybe it's on tha cable in which it is physically attached to. :(

·
Registered
809 Posts
take it to your dealer. ask them to order the part for you... best bet is to go to the service department and ask to talk to a tech. That is the most direct way to solve the problem, the service tech will want to help you out a sales guy will be worried with wether this is going to cost him money because of warranty. Any good tech will at least look up a part number for you then go to a decent auto store if it comes to that.

Or, you can go to an auto store and just buy any old battery terminal. But you need know how to install it properly.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take it to your dealer. ask them to order the part for you... best bet is to go to the service department and ask to talk to a tech. That is the most direct way to solve the problem, the service tech will want to help you out a sales guy will be worried with wether this is going to cost him money because of warranty. Any good tech will at least look up a part number for you then go to a decent auto store if it comes to that.

Or, you can go to an auto store and just buy any old battery terminal. But you need know how to install it properly.
yeah, i think it's ok, the connection is not tight, but not loose. I just wanted to hear if anyone was as stupid as I was..lol. but replacing the battery terminal attached to the cabling seems pretty complicated...and i'm an electrical engineer. lol

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
price check the part (get the part number) with TousleyFordParts.com before you order, see where its cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts