Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am at a red light and I floor it it jerks forward and the battery light comes on for about a second then goes off..... and my top end hp sucks bad......

What do you guys think? Bad belt, warped pulley... alternator going bad? Anyone seen this happen before?

·
Banned
1,102 Posts
first, check your battery cables, as much of them as you can find, a bad ground could cause issues, if they look good, have your battery tested at advance

you could put your volt meter on your battery all day, and read 12 volts, but a load test is what really tests the battery

if the battery checks out, have the alternator tested (has to be removed to do so), and if thats not the issue, then i dont know what is

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
Um....don't floor the poor thing...lol.
BTW, check out the sig quote...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would put a fresh belt on it, do you have an UD pulley?

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JasonVMP said:
Its usaully between $15-$30 if you go to a place like Auto zone.
Thanks I will try that and see if it helps. Could a alternator going bad cause this or no? When I am backing out of my driverway sometimes and put it from reverse to drive it stalls out... doesnt do it everytime though.... the rpms do drop very low as if its about to die though most of the time.

I have a extra alternator I can put on from a low mileage engine if the belt isnt the problem

btw can you take a look at this video I made and give me your .02 worth of what you think it is http://mustangevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10362

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Well try the belt first. That takes the whole five minutes to install, and if it's not that, order one of those polished alternator casings from Rob ( :thumbs2: ) and take it to some old timer and let him rebuild it. It's not about volts on an alternator, it's about amps.

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alternators changed... to drunk to drive it so it will have o wait tioll tomoroow to test eit oit :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts