Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished this up. Got the box powder coated with a crinkle type finish (for free even) and it looks good I thinks....

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should be in the spring :cool:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is just a tad more sluggish when starting up, but not bad. It always started right up so even if it's a bit slower, it's still pretty good.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might put some black covering on them instead, or I might put something up under the decklid that would completely cover them.

·
Registered
517 Posts
What about that stuff that melts to the trunk for subwoofers so it doesn't rattle?

·
Registered
517 Posts
btw, how much did that cost & how much weight did you save from the front?

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Js281GT said:
btw, how much did that cost & how much weight did you save from the front?
Steeda said:
Steeda tested it on their 4-wheel digital scale and found that moving a 35 pound battery from the left front of the car to the right side of the trunk actually put 60 more pounds on the right rear tire
Their kit is 199.99 for the kit, 129.99 for just the box. There are others out there that are cheaper as well.

EDIT: By the way, did the instructions tell you to go up through the trunk lid? I am just wondering why you went that route instead or under the trunk floor covering?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Smurfin said:
EDIT: By the way, did the instructions tell you to go up through the trunk lid? I am just wondering why you went that route instead or under the trunk floor covering?
i believe it goes through the trunk lid for the safety cut off switch

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea, some cars drill a hole some where on the back so you can just flip a switch for safty, sometimes its required.

·
Registered
106 Posts
aren't you worried about somebody pulling up to you at a light, and flipping that switch? lol

j/k looks good man

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I'm going to have to get a higher current rated switch and route the power from the alternator through there so that it will actually shut the car off when running :rolleyes:

Right now the alternator will keep it running cuz it just cuts off the battery. And I'll see about setting it up so that I can take off the handle when I'm not at the track :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
that would probably be good

1 - 20 of 22 Posts