Registered
130 Posts
I agree with the above post. If you are putting a new one in go with
the biggest one they got. That way any future upgrades or Forced induction
you won't have to do it again....

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
I don't necessarily agree. That will depend on future plans. If those plans don't involve a bunch of upgrades, I don't see a need in going that large. You will be recirculating a lot of fuel and warming it up. That would cause a loss in power.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I never thought about the fuel heating up, but I guess it is possible.
I had a A1000 on my 347 Strim and it was fine, when I took off
the Strim it did get hot in the summer months and would shut down.

On the other hand if the pump has to work at 80% to fuel your car,
would you not one that only had to work at 50%???

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Mike90 said:
I never thought about the fuel heating up, but I guess it is possible.
I had a A1000 on my 347 Strim and it was fine, when I took off
the Strim it did get hot in the summer months and would shut down.

On the other hand if the pump has to work at 80% to fuel your car,
would you not one that only had to work at 50%???
the problem that i stated would most likely only be an issue with less fuel in the tank. it may also cause the pump to cause stalling when the tank was really really low from sucking the fuel to fast.

i dont think you really change the duty cycly of the fuel pump. its pumping fuel no matter if its going to the return or the injectors. its still pumpimg the same.

but with all that said its not really a major issue, the stuff i suggested. just something to aware of. and i dont see any of it a problem unless your running on really low fuel tank all the time. :good:

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
dreamstang said:
the problem that i stated would most likely only be an issue with less fuel in the tank. it may also cause the pump to cause stalling when the tank was really really low from sucking the fuel to fast.

i dont think you really change the duty cycly of the fuel pump. its pumping fuel no matter if its going to the return or the injectors. its still pumpimg the same.

but with all that said its not really a major issue, the stuff i suggested. just something to aware of. and i dont see any of it a problem unless your running on really low fuel tank all the time. :good:
That's a very good point and one I worry about in my car. Although I haven't had any trouble out of my 255 yet it's still on the back of my mind. :good:

·
Registered
681 Posts
dreamstang said:
the amount of hp may or may not even be noticable. but when running really high timing the last thing you would want is warm fuel. i wouldnt sweat it to much though.
My stock gt pump is too weak to get my car started cold. Sometimes more.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
I just went with a holley 190lph and actually notice my car running stronger. I do think my f/p was a bit on the low side before I changed it.
I think what Dreamstang said are some good points. things I never really considered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts