Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they worth getting it? Does it make any difference at all? Thanks guys for the ideas...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not really a big difference but I noticed better mpg an throttle response maybe like 10-15 hp with a tune but its not worth the money unless u plan on forced induction

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea, more for people planning on F/I. If you really want one for an N/A V6, try a ported and polished stock TB close to the Bbk TB performance at a third of the price.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, more for people planning on F/I. If you really want one for an N/A V6, try a ported and polished stock TB close to the Bbk TB performance at a third of the price.
What is forced induction? And polished stock tb? How does it work? Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow. Well forced induction is as the name sounds, forcing compressed air into the engine so it can burn more fuel (more importantly produce more power) either through a supercharger or turbocharger system.

Porting is altering the size or geometry of the throttle body by drilling, reaming, grinding, Etc. then polishing it to a smooth finish to reduce air friction.

There are companies/individuals out there that take a stock TB say from our mustang which is I think 60mm and will enlarge the diameter to 65-68mm and polish it to acheive performance close to that of an after market 70mm TB at a fraction if the price.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't claim to be a knowitall

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wowww it seems like u know everything and it sounds right, i would just buy the 70 mm throttle bodies cos i think from where i came from i dont think people here are big in mustang and supercharger. But thanks for the info appreciate it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts