Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth it ? i have the bbk intake already and im getting a tuner in March. so will this be worth it? will i gain good torque ? and does it make the exhaust sound any louder or no?

·
Registered
302 Posts
AM has a video on these. I was going to do the 78 but I believe it said that unless u are making alot of horse power there is no need to do 78 an 70 would be sufficient.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i shouldnt get the bbk one then? cuz they dont have this one for 70mm just 78mm. should i buy the SR plenum and tb for like 280 for both ?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
so i shouldnt get the bbk one then? cuz they dont have this one for 70mm just 78mm. should i buy the SR plenum and tb for like 280 for both ?
Also you can look at the accufab 70mm throttle body and plenum combo , trickflow, and I do believe bbk makes a 70mm set up its just not a one piece combo like the 78mm

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also you can look at the accufab 70mm throttle body and plenum combo , trickflow, and I do believe bbk makes a 70mm set up its just not a one piece combo like the 78mm
yeah i was looking at em but theyre a little pricy. i guess i'll buy a good brand tb first then later on buy a good plenum

·
Registered
991 Posts
butt dyno lol nice! and hell yeah man let me know . are u running n/a ?
Yeah. My car is just CAI, off road H and Flowmasters right now. I'm getting the throttle intake for mine and a BBK CAI for the wife's 05 v6. I'm betting her car will see the bigger gain, but it'll make for a fun hour or two of bolting on and test driving.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah. My car is just CAI, off road H and Flowmasters right now. I'm getting the throttle intake for mine and a BBK CAI for the wife's 05 v6. I'm betting her car will see the bigger gain, but it'll make for a fun hour or two of bolting on and test driving.
let me know how it goes man message me . i wana know if its worth it even though everyone says the 78 is only for the big hp

·
Registered
991 Posts
Well do you ever plan on going FI? I do eventually. I mean does the 78mm produce substantially less HP on a NA motor vs the 70mm? If your plan is to go big one day might as well in my eyes, plus it is a good looking piece of hardware in my opinion.
I dunno. I'm planning on purchasing an SVT Lightning by the end of the year so I think my GT will live as my reasonable MPG fun machine. I just figured with the price point being zippo, it's worth snatching up and seeing if I can get a bump in throttle response or something.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well do you ever plan on going FI? I do eventually. I mean does the 78mm produce substantially less HP on a NA motor vs the 70mm? If your plan is to go big one day might as well in my eyes, plus it is a good looking piece of hardware in my opinion.
+11. If your going to go FI then might as well get the 78mm one.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i plan on goinf f/i someday. maybe not this year but soon when the cash is right i will. so yeah i guess i might as well pick up the 78mm and save me some cash from having to buy it later on.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
On allford mustangs, there's dyno results showing 75 gives a couple more HP than 70mm. Both were n/a. But I'm not telling u what to buy. They have results from 3 or 4 different kinds. Check it out.

·
Registered
617 Posts
IMO as long as your not changing out your MAF (which is really what will increase the amount of air) the 78mm would be just fine. Sure a 70mm or a 75mm is fine too & I'm sure the HP is quite negligible between the 3 setups. I'd prefer to buy one in hope that one day I'll have a FI setup thus why I think you might as well just go big and get the 78mm. For the price of the TB/Plenum setup its worth it to me. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
+1 ^

Get the bbk people on this forum commented on my throttle response from a video I posted here.

I love my bbk and apparently so do others.

A nice bonus is the sweet whistle it gives off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts