Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone purchase/install the new 90m BBK throttle body yet with a NA engine? Seriously looking into it being my next investment. Curious to know how much a tune would improve throttle response, hp, and tq.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boss intake, airaid cai, sct tune, cat deletes, h-pipe and roush exhaust

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

maybe i would only benefit after long tubes?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,499 Posts
Yeas tb really doesn't do a lot probably would go and get other things first maybe make this one of the last things you pick up but don't get me wrong you will see a gain especially because you have it car tuned you will see even more gain if you get it retune after long tube and throttle body
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, thanks.. SW LT's it is then.. Man can someone spot me a couple grand?? On my way to sell my dog right now. Next is the kids. I'm sure they would be greatful if you could!!
 

·
The Blue Dragon
Joined
·
5,661 Posts
2013_stang_gt said:
cool, thanks.. SW LT's it is then.. Man can someone spot me a couple grand?? On my way to sell my dog right now. Next is the kids. I'm sure they would be greatful if you could!!
Trying to PM you about the LT's, clean out your inbox lol

Trust me you'll wanna hear this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, give me a sec

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

ok, send it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
What gears you running? You could go up to 3.73s or 4.10s installed for about the same price as a TB. Also not too far from the price of a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft. From everything I've read gains with a TB are negligible, but then again 50% of the time I'm wrong about 30% of what I say.
 

·
The Blue Dragon
Joined
·
5,661 Posts
doug5.0 said:
What gears you running? You could go up to 3.73s or 4.10s installed for about the same price as a TB. Also not too far from the price of a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft. From everything I've read gains with a TB are negligible, but then again 50% of the time I'm wrong about 30% of what I say.
Yea definitely LT's or driveshaft long before tb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Adogg said:
What are the gains from the driveshaft?
Reduce rotating mass (-20 lbs) quicker acceleration, lighter, stronger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
doug5.0 said:
What gears you running? You could go up to 3.73s or 4.10s installed for about the same price as a TB. Also not too far from the price of a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft. From everything I've read gains with a TB are negligible, but then again 50% of the time I'm wrong about 30% of what I say.
lol, im running stock 3.51's i believe or 3.31's. I was looking into the driveshaft and longtubes as well. ****, i am almost trying to pull the trigger on frrp adjustable suspension as well. I just have to many things im trying to do at once.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
2013_stang_gt said:
lol, im running stock 3.51's i believe or 3.31's. I was looking into the driveshaft and longtubes as well. ****, i am almost trying to pull the trigger on frrp adjustable suspension as well. I just have to many things im trying to do at once.
Ha LOL! Modding is an expensive mistress. Suspension was going to be my next rec, but it looked like you were wanting to add/free up power. I'd do LTs in an instant but I'm in Cali and don't want to fight smog every other year... Not after seeing what's involved with upgrading the headers. There should be a sticker on your diff housing that shows the gears installed. You can find tons of threads on gears, but they make an undeniable difference in acceleration and "quickness" LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Got the 90 mm TB on my 2012 GT (air aid, Hypertech on premium fuel, Borla attack too).

The new TB is great, smooth, and gave me a small gaz mileage improvement.

And I am not paid to type this !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,499 Posts
Wow way to wake up an old thread lol must of the people in this thread don't come on anymore.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top