Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
the sound will be very different. ur going to love the sound 100%. arent the shorty mid pipes meant for longtubes? unless u are running lt's?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeeah i have lts on it. Just bought the catted shorty cause it was 450 for the shorty and ceramic lts.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
makes sence.. i got shorty headers not the lt's but i would totally go for the off road though big difference. how does the lt's sound with the h pipe ? i have an off road x but been thinkin of switching to lt's and off road h pipe

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
makes sence.. i got shorty headers not the lt's but i would totally go for the off road though big difference. how does the lt's sound with the h pipe ? i have an off road x but been thinkin of switching to lt's and off road h pipe
I have magnapacks so its a diff sound that most stangs out there. Kinda tame in low rpms but when i get on it its pretty nasty. Only thing is i only have 2 cats as is and theyr hi flow cause theyr bbk. So idk how much of a sound diff ill see with an o/r mid pipe. Im affraid ittl be a waste of money. Im also considering just having the cats cut off and just putting bolt caps so i can run open pipes at the track. That way its o/r or open with just a couple bolts.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I have magnapacks so its a diff sound that most stangs out there. Kinda tame in low rpms but when i get on it its pretty nasty. Only thing is i only have 2 cats as is and theyr hi flow cause theyr bbk. So idk how much of a sound diff ill see with an o/r mid pipe. Im affraid ittl be a waste of money. Im also considering just having the cats cut off and just putting bolt caps so i can run open pipes at the track. That way its o/r or open with just a couple bolts.
There will definitely be a noticeable difference without the high-flow cats on the mid-pipe. I actually prefer the high-flow cats because of the nice cruising/no drone tone, but can still be loud WOT. If you're set getting the O/R mid-pipe, I would keep the current catted one just in case you want to switch back.

Just some advice from my personal experience!

Shane

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There will definitely be a noticeable difference without the high-flow cats on the mid-pipe. I actually prefer the high-flow cats because of the nice cruising/no drone tone, but can still be loud WOT. If you're set getting the O/R mid-pipe, I would keep the current catted one just in case you want to switch back.

Just some advice from my personal experience!

Shane
Thanks shane ill definately keep that in mind!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts