Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. Im on craigs list now and i see a listing for a BBK CAI for 05-09 V6 non-tune required for $100 bucks and it has about 1k miles on it. Should I jump on this?

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
As long as its got everything with it, sounds like a good deal. They're double that on American Muscle

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Tear it up!!!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Instal to follow!?

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
That's a pretty good deal. I think you made out really well, but you should definitely give the filter a good cleaning first. It looks like it's well past the need of a good cleaning! We have CAI air filter cleaning kits by K&N that will make your flow like brand new again. Plus, what's the good of a clogged CAI filter anyway!?

Hope this helps!

Shane

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Rogue Slider said:
Quick question. Im on craigs list now and i see a listing for a BBK CAI for 05-09 V6 non-tune required for $100 bucks and it has about 1k miles on it. Should I jump on this?
I clean mine with dawn soap and 409 and let soak in hot water then take out and let dry. Put some kind of lube on it like WD40, I'm just not buying a clean and oil kit when my way is way cheaper and does just as good.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I noticed that it was dirty in the picture but with the naked eye you can't see the dirt hahahahaha looks like I need to order that cleaner from AM sooner than later hahahahaha. Yeah it was a really good deal the guy said he bought it from AM but got a new 2013 5.0 Mustang and that he doesn't need I anymore I guess I can take the BBK CAI off my build list. Hahahaha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts