Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
It looks close but im going to go ahead and say no. There might be one or two that fit depending on brand and how they are put together. I would go ahead and buy a CAI specific to my aplication if I were in your shoes so I dont waste money.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,871 Posts
Will a 95 gt CAI fit my 96 v6?
Since the motor is different between those cars, i doubt that intake would fit on a 1996 V6. It may be close like listed above and you may be able to make it fit with some custom work!

However, we can definitely offer you a brand new CAI for a similar price. Just give my CS team a call and they'll gladly point you in the right direction!

-Dan

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,871 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I've been looking to get a CAI from AM soon and am wondering if I would have an issue with passing a smog test (I live in California). And would I feel a difference in performance with the upgrade?
Negligible difference with just a cai. Its really something that helps in conjunction with other mods, ie tune and full exhaust.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I've been looking to get a CAI from AM soon and am wondering if I would have an issue with passing a smog test (I live in California). And would I feel a difference in performance with the upgrade?
It's pretty much for looks. If you want the power you need to get the CAI, tune, and exhaust to complement it. You won't pass smog with an SR brand CAI but I'm pretty sure the BBK and K&N have CARB exemptions (will pass smog) but they basically do the same as an SR CAI. Of you want to get your car smogged you'd have to put in the stock air tubing in every two years which isn't such a hassle. I got an SR performance CAI on my ride. Didn't notice gains but it has a sick sound coming from the engine now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts