Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing craigs this weekend and found BBK long tube headers for $150 for sale. Im supposed to keet up today and buy them. I think its a good buy but input would help. What all do I need for a good long lasting install? I'm not going cheap on other parts. What should I expect cost on installation?

ForumRunner_20130121_082841.png

·
Registered
811 Posts
I was surfing craigs this weekend and found BBK long tube headers for $150 for sale. Im supposed to keet up today and buy them. I think its a good buy but input would help. What all do I need for a good long lasting install? I'm not going cheap on other parts. What should I expect cost on installation?
I installed mine by myself. And it sucked haha. Ive heard it costs around 500 to have installed.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
You will most likely need gaskets for those and make sure they fit you're car model, but yes 300-600 on install

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
They give you great sound and good power. Remember you have to get a shorty midpipe. For a 600 dollar upgrade and 20 hp I think it's good and great sound

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seriously? Because mine didn't have any dents when I installed them
Is yours the 32 valve heads they are different go on a few web sites and look at the real pictures you'll see at 1 side has dance cut out a to allow clearance

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's cool, good buy. If I were you I would ceramic coat them, saves your engine bay from a lot of heat
I looked this up before buying the headers. Do you know a real good way or tips on doing this the best way?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I bought mine ceramic coated already so I don't really know but maybe one of the other guys on here will know. I'm thinking you may be able to buy some of that high temp ceramic paint from an auto parts store and do 4-5 coats

1 - 15 of 15 Posts