Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long Story Short was not happy at all with the BBK headers for my V6 the slag was chromed over,factory weld was leaking, no indent for oil dipstck tube I was just pissed, very pissed !!!!!
Until I contacted Ashley H their customer servive manager, I was expecting the normal manufactor run around and BS story etc,etc
But much to my surprise She listen to me and was very understanding that my expectation of a BBK product had not been met and immediately set the wheels in motion to have a replacement set sent out to me !!NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE IMHO Going forward If I need a product BBK will be my first stop Thank you Ashley

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Return them while you have the chance, shorty headers are useless unless its a show off thing since they're chrome

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Return them while you have the chance, shorty headers are useless unless its a show off thing since they're chrome
Well that your option which means nothing to me !! I went with the shorties to replace the cranked factory wasn't looking for any gains although I have noticed more responce in mid range, so unless you actually have somethin intelligent to say stay off my post !!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Herbstang said:
Well that your option which means nothing to me !! I went with the shorties to replace the cranked factory wasn't looking for any gains although I have noticed more responce in mid range, so unless you actually have somethin intelligent to say stay off my post !!
No it's not an opinion it's a fact, I was offering some advice not bashing you take it easy there...

In case you thought "unless its a show off thing" was making fun of you, I just meant in the way of car shows

·
Registered
420 Posts
I wanna get some nice chrome ones so I can just make the engine bat look nice haha is there any other brand that are chrome and cheap?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ahhhh !!! Maybe I misunderstood If so My Bad !!! I was simple giving credit to a company for backing there products
And so far as the no gain.This topic is heavily debated subject I totally agree L/T get you much more HP
But you do get a bit of a increase not much between 5 to 7 depending on what other mods you have
My stock hearders cracked and the exhaust leak was drving me crazy. So I went with the BBK instead of factorys the BBK for the most part are OEM
This is my DD I needed it done fast and simple hence I went with shorties and the shine ones are being replaced with ceramics
I've been a member for awhile and have heard all the debate on headers So i did what another Founding member suggested had the installer run 3" pipe from the header to the cat I'm only running one cat each side cut the other one out as we all know V6 without cats sounds like crap for the most part

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Herbstang said:
Ahhhh !!! Maybe I misunderstood If so My Bad !!! I was simple giving credit to a company for backing there products
And so far as the no gain.This topic is heavily debated subject I totally agree L/T get you much more HP
But you do get a bit of a increase not much between 5 to 7 depending on what other mods you have
My stock hearders cracked and the exhaust leak was drving me crazy. So I went with the BBK instead of factorys the BBK for the most part are OEM
This is my DD I needed it done fast and simple hence I went with shorties and the shine ones are being replaced with ceramics
I've been a member for awhile and have heard all the debate on headers So i did what another Founding member suggested had the installer run 3" pipe from the header to the cat I'm only running one cat each side cut the other one out as we all know V6 without cats sounds like crap for the most part
Awesome! It really makes life easier when customer service is actually customer service! Good to see you around, long time no see.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice to be back !! Haven't had the time work is kiling me which is a good thing
Company I worked for we do reinsurance( we insure insurance company) we're also head hunters and buy insurance company in trouble and put them in run off
They just bought 2 more company who's name I cannot mention but those 2 acquisition increase are networth by an additional 1.5 billion
I'm a IT support Analyst so I've been busy !!!! gotta fly to NYC on the 29th to build 125 laptop and desktop for are NYC acquisition that gonna be fun Any way Thanks for the welcome back and Yes I'm still the same A__ ho lol
Enstar Group Limited

·
Registered
20 Posts
V6 without cats sounds like crap for the most part.is this for a fact?just want to make sure.right now i have the bbk sth and planning to swap for a mac lth and h pipe with my borla exhaust,so do you think its going to sound crap?i have the pypes hfc too. so thinking i might get it installed to if the sound with just lth and h pipe would be crappy.need your opinion.thanks

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
morfhious3 said:
V6 without cats sounds like crap for the most part.is this for a fact?just want to make sure.right now i have the bbk sth and planning to swap for a mac lth and h pipe with my borla exhaust,so do you think its going to sound crap?i have the pypes hfc too. so thinking i might get it installed to if the sound with just lth and h pipe would be crappy.need your opinion.thanks
With that setup it'll sound pretty good, I think you'll be happy, longtubes make it sound better haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts