Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these large throttle bodies worth it? I haven't heard anything about anyone with them. Online says 7-12 hp gain but I don't wanna spend all te money for no reason

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
mostly everyone is going to tell u ur just wasting ur money and to get a windstar swap .. i havent bought either so i wouldnt be able to say

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Horseplay said:
mostly everyone is going to tell u ur just wasting ur money and to get a windstar swap .. i havent bought either so i wouldnt be able to say
I've looked into the wind star swap and don't think I want to because idk how it'll affect the emissions stuff

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
twotone01 said:
I've looked into the wind star swap and don't think I want to because idk how it'll affect the emissions stuff
Should be legal because it was an actual intake on a at and ur not taking anything off that would affect emissions.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Also the TB would be best if ur engine needs more air, like SC or turbo or canned with P/P heads intake

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
twotone01 said:
im pretty sure it wont affect anything. i used to think about buying a windstar but i dont plan on doing any engine upgrades . maybe just a cai to make the engine look nicer

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Horseplay said:
im pretty sure it wont affect anything. i used to think about buying a windstar but i dont plan on doing any engine upgrades . maybe just a cai to make the engine look nicer
What about a cam? U ha ideas for a cam

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
xhgwx said:
What about a cam? U ha ideas for a cam
yea i did but i think its a little to expensive to do a cam. i love my v6 but i dont think its worth putting alot of money into it to make it faster. plus i would still need LT's and then buy a 500 dollar tuner after the cam

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Horseplay said:
yea i did but i think its a little to expensive to do a cam. i love my v6 but i dont think its worth putting alot of money into it to make it faster. plus i would still need LT's and then buy a 500 dollar tuner after the cam
Don't need LTs. U can run ur stocks cuz u have the O/R X-pipe it should flow fine.
And the place that installs it should use a chip for less than the tuner and dyno it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts