Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been asked a million times. And from the digging on the Internet I’ve done all I have found is conflicting answers. But here’s the question I wand to put a 69 351w in a 2000 mustang going with a carburetor setup so what all does this intel? Some places say you have to change the k member others say you don’t. The car was a 3.8 stick shift originally. I need all the info I can get how to by pass the computer but still have a functioning speedo and fuel gauge all gauges if possible. Parts needed for the swap. Also has anyone ever put a top loader 4 speed in one of these cars? I’m looking to make a street strip car but don’t want to butcher the car in the process.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To a 94-95 GT? Or I think I read somewhere that a 3.8 is the same as the Gt for the 94-95?

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
No first hand experience, but I understand that the 3.8 K-member is the same as a pushrod K-member.
There is a reason that this question has been asked a lot, yet there is very little information about completed swaps.
It would actually be easier to swap in a Coyote engine, as far as information, and aftermarket support goes.....

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
What's so special about a 351 Windsor? For the 70's they were fine but time has passed it by. There are better engine swaps.

Reactions: jkeaton

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Assuming you will be grabbing the 351w from a truck, you will need the mustang 5.0 accessory brackets, hardware, computer, wiring harness, gauge cluster, speedo cable to transmission, mechanical speedo gear in transmission, 5.0 T5 bell housing, new exhaust, new fuel line, tank and pump because return style system, alternator, and a bunch of other little sensors and little things, a lot can be reused from the v6 though. Also upgraded front springs for the extra weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts