Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Precise and to the point. Written in a way even I could understand. Had I tried to formulate a question about this subject, I couldn't have found a better answer. Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Excellent post. I had arrived at your conclusion about the CAI. They are mostly bling, I guess. Are you going to write an 'intermediate' article, also?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Cliffy your are the man! Id like to thank you for this, mostly finished with my appearance mods, so adding power is next and now I have this write up to go by. Thank you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great write up! I would really like to see a write up done for more advanced forms of power gain (Supercharge/Turbo) most people understand that these components are "bolt on", with the catch of having to upgrade engine components to support these changes. I would like to know how/why these changes need to made to the engine. If someone had a write up like that, it would be great.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Really great write up. Very informative, even for those who aren't necessarily beginners.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I am not all that familiar with the Mach 1, however #2 is true for any factory tune on any mass-production car, and #3 if the stock 3.55's don't do it for you. Installing an aftermarket catted X-pipe and mufflers will likely help it breath better as well. I do not believe the intake on the n/a 4V suffers from the same issue as that on the PI 2V engines.

When Ford introduced the PI engine, raising output from 225 fwHP to 260, they used the same upper plenum as was used on the non-PI engines. Though adequate to meet the 260 fwHP claim it makes the engine fall flat after the peak output--that extra bit of air flow provided by the aftermarket designs let's it pull right up the the rev-limiter.

Similarly they carried over the 19 lb/h injectors from the non-PI engines, however they corrected that in the late 2002 production.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Guaranteed...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Someone should sticky this thread

·
Registered
598 Posts
1 - 20 of 197 Posts