Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are the long time forum members constantly being rude to the new members? Seems unnecessary. Why even comment if you have no helpful information? I would think that not replying would make that person search a little harder for an answer. Instead they get the constant, "did you use the search feature" followed by rude comments or making fun of that person. How do you expect the forum to grow and be a place that people want to contribute or bring up discussions when the only feedback they are getting is negativity. I think we need to give the new guys a little more time before we start breaking their balls for not doing the little things that we all do second nature now. I'm sure there were some of us that didn't do everything correctly when we first joined. I sure didn't.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I've noticed that too. It seems the rudeness has increased a bit on the newbies.
Completely unrelated...
Personally, the search function on this place, is not so good. My opinion.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. :(

It's one thing to have "friendly" exchanges with the regular forum members, mostly in good fun. But when the newbies are treated like that, well, it makes this website seem like it has been overrun by a bunch of know-it-all jackasses.

I just wonder what percentage of internet users, in general, act the same way in public as they do on the internet?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
The search button works just fine here. The problem is society and especially the younger people have gotten really lazy over time. Everyone wants to be spoon fed the information.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I have noticed the same thing as well.......but.....I've also noticed a couple of very new members come on here and conduct themselves less than humbly. Calling out senior members here on your third post seems a little Facebookish, you know?
I do think, that when a new member asks a question, we could do better to try to give them a direct answer, given the vast knowledge represented here by members with thousands of posts.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Guilty.....but damn....."Do I need a tune with a CAI" is asked weekly! :lol:

It's difficult to understand sarcasm over the internet. I doubt any of us intentionally means to sound rude, but as stated, I should do a better job of presenting myself. My apologies to anyone I may have offended. I mean no harm.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Guilty.....but damn....."Do I need a tune with a CAI" is asked weekly! :lol:

It's difficult to understand sarcasm over the internet. I doubt any of us intentionally means to sound rude, but as stated, I should do a better job of presenting myself. My apologies to anyone I may have offended. I mean no harm.
How about we try to give them a direct answer AND tell them how to use search here for vastly more information?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I'm reading some of the questions being asked. I'm astonished at the lack of knowledge. It's as if there is a flood of people that know NOTHING about cars that suddenly want to bolt on parts. They have apparently read just enough to buy into marketing hype somewhere, and then haphazardly move forward from there.

Scary

...and it's killing me to give a straight answer without LMGTFY.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
It becomes contagious Guard.
True...but for some questions, it is still best to rely on the experience of members here.

For instance.....I have been tempted to ask what is the best treatment for really dark colors in order to avoid surface scratches. If you LMGTFY.....the results are mostly ads where "they are all the best EVER!"
It might be nice to ask here what others experience has been with surface treatments for black paint or Guard green.....

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
True...but for some questions, it is still best to rely on the experience of members here.

For instance.....I have been tempted to ask what is the best treatment for really dark colors in order to avoid surface scratches. If you LMGTFY.....the results are mostly ads where "they are all the best EVER!"
It might be nice to ask here what others experience has been with surface treatments for black paint or Guard green.....
...and for such a paint question I could and would help. I know how to make most paint look flawless with the right tools and materials. I have answered a ton of paint questions. Some have been repetitive.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
99% of the information newbies ask can be found with a quick google search.

Yes everyone starts some place, I joined the forum before I even owned a Mustang. But people forget to do their due diligence.

I worked in CS for one of the large Mustang parts suppliers and would have to answer questions by literally reading someone information directly off the part's description on the website.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I remember the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Back in those ancient days of the late 80s and 1990s we didn't have this here fancy inter-web of endless information. We had books, and huge stacks of car magazines. We went outside to sweat under the big glowing ball in the sky called the sun, and we worked on the family car, and dad's hobby. It was hands on.

Today's generation is lazy. They have an entitlement issue. They have their hand out and want everything for free. They want results without action.

I'm running out of things to say that make me sound old.

Now stay off my lawn!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts