Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
The only problem I can see is if all the new guys used the search and found what they are looking for, This would be a mighty dead forum and not much going on.
I welcome the new people asking about pipes, tuners and CAI's and doing things to their Mustang to make the car "THEIRS"
Ya all gotta remember that some of us were new at Mustangs too at one time.
We need to welcome the new people and ask them about their Mustangs and try to guide them so they don't screw up their cars.
This is the best Mustang Forum on the internet and we always have the best Mustang people.
Ya gotta remember that this is a forum where we converse and it is really not a search engine.
Ronnie

Reactions: Cooolbreeez

·
Sad Panda
5,640 Posts
The only problem I can see is if all the new guys used the search and found what they are looking for, This would be a mighty dead forum and not much going on.
I welcome the new people asking about pipes, tuners and CAI's and doing things to their Mustang to make the car "THEIRS"
We need to welcome the new people and ask them about their Mustangs and try to guide them so they don't screw up their cars.
This is the best Mustang Forum on the internet and we always have the best Mustang people.
Ya gotta remember that this is a forum where we converse and it is really not a search engine.
Ronnie

If I could like posts id like this one :thumb:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Ronnie
This I completely agree with. I think sometimes I expect new members to have a sense of humor. Again, humor and sarcasm are hard to see on the internet. For example, the "LMGTFY" thing. Some found it humorous. Others took offense. Only because they took it the wrong way. We are all car guys. A little good natured ribbing should be understood to be par for the course. The ones that cop an attitude right off the bat are fair game though, IMO.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Ronnie
Fine show off your maturity and wisdom.

However, he is right.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
This I completely agree with. I think sometimes I expect new members to have a sense of humor. Again, humor and sarcasm are hard to see on the internet. For example, the "LMGTFY" thing. Some found it humorous. Others took offense. Only because they took it the wrong way. We are all car guys. A little good natured ribbing should be understood to be par for the course. The ones that cop an attitude right off the bat are fair game though, IMO.
If you can't take a joke, you're not going to be busting your knuckles on a car project.

Put jkeaton, Strange Mud, and myself in the same room and you would have instant amusement and entertainment. Something tells me that pranks would ensue.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
we do need to remember that newbies are that. We know a lot of these ?'s have been asked often. There is a big difference between stupid questions and not knowing. As far as search goes I like to Google "?" AND Mustang Evolution if I want to get an answer on this site. I find just asking the question on the Mevo search doesn't tend to give worthwhile results.

+1 on pranks. One of my better work friends and I have been playing "the stupid question game" for about 2 years now. You get a point if the other guy answers your stupid question. My latest point was when he paged Dave and answered "yes" when I called up and asked "are you looking for Dave?"

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I am going to put it out there and say that the MEVO search engine can be difficult. I search this site all of the time, and even with my searches I still have to ask questions. The answers I need come up in a Google search, lead me here to my home forum, and then the result disappears.

At that point I put on the flame suit and ask what is normally a stupid question.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
When someone asks a question about something that they don't know anything about, it most certainly is not a stupid question. I view people that ask questions about things that they don't completely understand as being smart. Not asking questions is stupid. IMO

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
When someone asks a question about something that they don't know anything about, it most certainly is not a stupid question. I view people that ask questions about things that they don't completely understand as being smart. Not asking questions is stupid. IMO

Even worse are stupid answers!!:facepalm:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hey.I got a serious question.
Is my ArAid really a cold air intake???????
Can I get my V6 Auto to turn in the 11's without spending a lot of $$$$$$$???????????
What kind of tires should I get?????????????
What is a FLAME SUIT????????????
Ronald

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Can I get my V6 Auto to turn in the 11's without spending a lot of $$$$$$$???????????
Ronald
Awesome!

I love this place.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Ronald

I will get your v6 in the low 11's for $1,500 including tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Ronald
It already runs in the 11's... Now go back to sleep.

·
Sad Panda
5,640 Posts
Lol the "how do I get my v6 to sound like a v8?" That's one of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
If you can't take a joke, you're not going to be busting your knuckles on a car project.

Put jkeaton, Strange Mud, and myself in the same room and you would have instant amusement and entertainment. Something tells me that pranks would ensue.
And if alcohol is involved, gloves are off. :thumb::lol::D

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
My "RED RYDER" may not be the fastest --- BUT---

He sure is the best looking.
Ronnie

Attachments

21 - 40 of 43 Posts