Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is better for a 1990 Mustang 5.0 GT Conv.
Have Flowmaster Mufflers, CAT backs, BBK X pipes, BBK shorty headers, BBK under drive pullys. I want to buy a Cold Air system and 65mm Throttle Body. What What is a better choice? I want more starting power power (5 speed)

Kenny Bell Ram air Kit
Or
BBK Cold Air Induction System

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I have BBK Coldair and love it, my vote is CAI.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I think the BBK CAI would be my choice. Partially because where the "mouth" of the ram air mounts to the bottom of the bumper. But i don't think there would be much more of a gain 1 vs. the the other

·
Registered
284 Posts
go for the CAI, but save your $ and get the e-bay one, unless you want the name. I'd advise against the ram-air, as it will ingest water VERY easily (Voice of experience here, the scoop sits really low, and it WILL suck up a puddle if it's deep enough).

The ram-air didn't do much of anything according to my pattented ass dyno. The CAI seemed to give a bit more throttle response, and a little more top end.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I built a 4" tubular ram air on my 89 GT and it ROCKED!
Gains from takeoff to redline! (butt-dyno tested)

But it was in the foglite hole, much safer and I used a 6" to 4" stovepipe reducer
and the tube had gentle bends and minimal bends to boot. Fed the stock airbox
and a K&N filter. Had a bored-out MAF and 10-minute tune-up on the 5.0,
plus a complete new exhaust system headers to tailpipes. That combo ROCKED!

·
Registered
517 Posts
232stang01 said:
go for the CAI, but save your $ and get the e-bay one, unless you want the name. I'd advise against the ram-air, as it will ingest water VERY easily (Voice of experience here, the scoop sits really low, and it WILL suck up a puddle if it's deep enough).

The ram-air didn't do much of anything according to my pattented ass dyno. The CAI seemed to give a bit more throttle response, and a little more top end.
Agreed, i don't think you can upgrade your mass-air with bbk. (won't fit)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts