Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of looking for a 1960s Ford Mustang. What 60s year Ford Mustang should I buy? 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968. I'm looking for something to impress the ladies. Thank you all feedback is welcomed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The '65 and '66 are nearly identical and a bit smaller than the 67 & 68. Ford widened and lengthened the cars in 67 to accommodate the big block V8. I own a '65 and a '68. I still prefer the look of the '65 but my wife likes the '68. The '65 &'66 came with a 289 and will easily take a 302 or 357 which are basically the same block. However if you want to go wild and run a 390/427 you want a 67 and up. Te '65 and '66 engine compartments just aren't made for the big blocks. Be advised, if your intentions are to buy a clunker and restore it we spent better than $30,000 restoring my son's old '65 coupe and we did all the work except the body and paint.

·
Registered
50 Posts
No offense man but a lot of girls just see a car as a way to get from point A to point B. Then they'll get pissed because the car is noisy, and the seats suck, and it's hot because you got something without A/C, and the 1 speaker AM radio only plays talk radio, and you care more about the car than her because you park half a mile away from the nearest car in a parking lot. Then you have the girls who like the idea of a convertible that get upset when the wind messes up their hair.

You'll get more chicks diggin' your car if you get a fancy Acura or some kind of BMW with a leather interior with heated and cooled seats, the bluetooth radio with navigation, etc...

Get the Mustang because that's what you want, not as some girl getting fashion accessory. Trust me, girls think they want some muscle car driving badass, until they actually get one and find out what it takes to keep one up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've always had a thing for the 68's....preferably the fast backs.
67 and 69 are great and practically the same too.

i wouldnt call the late 60's a "girl impressing" car, they are typically the FASTEST LOOKING and are often used for DRAG cars......not girl-getters......but it will definately impress women anyways.
Versus the 65's which have a more girly look to them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
some people would say 68 but i like the 67s, and loved them even more ever since the move gone in 60 seconds, me personally you should try finding a 67 shelby mustang GT500 or GT500KR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts