Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 GT (Auto) that is all stock except a Bama 93 Octane race tune. I was looking into getting 4.10 gears after seeing the video here on the forum on how your RPM's dont go up to drastically. My question is, what would be the best upgrades I could do to get the best results for the lowest price?

Money is a factor, so I am not getting twin vortech's, though that would be amazing if I had the money. But, I would like to see what I would get the most bank for my buck at.

·
Registered
704 Posts
4.10s, good sticky tires, panhard bar, and full-length subframe connectors to get the power to the ground and minimize twist.
Ideally, you want uppers and lowers, new springs, and some better quads, but whatever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How fast of a 0-60 am I looking at with 4.10's and the race tune? Also how much should I look to spend for gears + install?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Dunno about the 0-60.
I paid $160 for mine. Make sure you get part number M-4209-G410A (or one ending in A if you don't get 4.10s) because that's the one made by Ford instead of Motive.
Install should run around $250-$300.
Please, PLEASE make sure you break them in properly too!

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,866 Posts
I have a 99 GT (Auto) that is all stock except a Bama 93 Octane race tune. I was looking into getting 4.10 gears after seeing the video here on the forum on how your RPM's dont go up to drastically. My question is, what would be the best upgrades I could do to get the best results for the lowest price?

Money is a factor, so I am not getting twin vortech's, though that would be amazing if I had the money. But, I would like to see what I would get the most bank for my buck at.
Gears is definetly the biggest bang for your buck acceleration wise
I agree with Soccerluvr! You already have a tune, so you're next best mod acceleration wise will definitely be Gears. 4.10's are going to be your best bang for the buck!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts