Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy new tires within a couple of weeks, the one I have on now are junk and don't get traction in the rain. Don't want to buy snow tires, but need something to get by in the winter, looking for the best all season tires within a reasonable price. What do you guys think about NITTO motivoa? any help will be appreciated.the NITTO

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

sLbxO143 said:
Looking to buy new tires within a couple of weeks, the one I have on now are junk and don't get traction in the rain. Don't want to buy snow tires, but need something to get by in the winter, looking for the best all season tires within a reasonable price. What do you guys think about NITTO motivos any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Sorry cant help you out because I never use them nor do I have a bad winter here in Cali. Go to tire rack or easy tire and read their reviews on all season tires.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm just looking for some brands that people like I've been looking at NITTO motivo, eagle GT or re-11 but just want good ones that hook in the snow/rain

·
Registered
438 Posts
sLbxO143 said:
Yeah I'm just looking for some brands that people like I've been looking at NITTO motivo, eagle GT or re-11 but just want good ones that hook in the snow/rain
I run Goodyear eagle gt 245/45/17 on Sally love them tires

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sally2002 said:
I run Goodyear eagle gt 245/45/17 on Sally love them tires
Yeah I have heard good things about them, I am not sure where you are located but how do they hook and feel in the rain/snow? And I think the eagle GT are being discontinued so I want to find them before there all gone.

·
Registered
438 Posts
sLbxO143 said:
Yeah I have heard good things about them, I am not sure where you are located but how do they hook and feel in the rain/snow? And I think the eagle GT are being discontinued so I want to find them before there all gone.
They better not be lol ill be mad. In my eyes they hold really pretty good to the road. I live in northern Indiana. I have never driven her in snow tho.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sally2002 said:
They better not be lol ill be mad. In my eyes they hold really pretty good to the road. I live in northern Indiana. I have never driven her in snow tho.
Damn everyone is blessed on this forum with not dealing with the snow, not me though lol. Picking tires is so hard because there so expensive and whatever you pick your stuck with. Lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Damn everyone is blessed on this forum with not dealing with the snow, not me though lol. Picking tires is so hard because there so expensive and whatever you pick your stuck with. Lol
i have 255 40r 19 goodyear eagle supercar tires all around and they are good in the dry and wet conditions but idk about snow? as far as all season you should look at the Michelin defenders or a goodyear all season tire. michelin would proably grip the best and last the longest too

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
layton said:
i have 255 40r 19 goodyear eagle supercar tires all around and they are good in the dry and wet conditions but idk about snow? as far as all season you should look at the Michelin defenders or a goodyear all season tire. michelin would proably grip the best and last the longest too
Thank you for your help, may go with the eagle GT there Goodyear and I've heard a couple good reviews on them in the rain/snow

·
Registered
12 Posts
Having 245 45 18 nexen n7000 all around. They actually run pretty good in rain and dry. Never try snow yet. Putting 255 45 18 toyo prost 4 in the rear this weekend. Hope that will help

ForumRunner_20121106_181455.png

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've driven on ice with the Pirelli pzero they held pretty decent. Driven in snow with them also at freeway speeds 65-75mph they did good, passed several other cars that had mixed it up with guard rails and slid off the road.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since you seem to be one of the only few ones that haven drive on the snow n ice, may have to go with these. Where did you buy them from a site or a store?

·
Registered
145 Posts
sLbxO143 said:
Since you seem to be one of the only few ones that haven drive on the snow n ice, may have to go with these. Where did you buy them from a site or a store?
Store, discount tire.

Also if you have traction control leave it on, other wise be careful.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have Continental Extreme Contact DWS. Pushed thru 4-5 inches of fresh snow this am just fine. This afternoon on graded road was very good. A little spinning when taking off but good stability when rolling.
Seemed as good or better than the FWD cars sharing the road. I bought set of 4 from a guy that purchased them from Tire Rack. You can check the reviews.
I will buy them again.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
manicrodder said:
I have Continental Extreme Contact DWS. Pushed thru 4-5 inches of fresh snow this am just fine. This afternoon on graded road was very good. A little spinning when taking off but good stability when rolling.
Seemed as good or better than the FWD cars sharing the road. I bought set of 4 from a guy that purchased them from Tire Rack. You can check the reviews.
I will buy them again.
That sounds great, because I live near Boston, MA and some winters we get hit hard here. Who makes the tires? And also how much did you pay?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts