Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best 200-300 watt amp as far as sound and price? im going to ditch my sony xplode for a new one and i want to make sure im doing the right thing. its going to power a 10" toby sherriff (www.toby.com). thanx for the help

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Welcome to the site, I have a JBL 6000.1 its very nice, Id say get there smaller 300 watt one should be called the JBL Bp300.1

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i personally like xtant mono amps... they sound great

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Fosgate is the best out of them three.

I cant seem to find anything on that site. Can you link me to the actuall sub specs?

Dual voice coil or single? 4 ohm or 2 ohm?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are hand made so that are on the actual box, its a Dual Voice coil 200watt 4ohm sub. The one 10 is louder and cleaner than both my old 12" fosgate subs, the only draw back is im still stuck with my old box and i have nothing to do with it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not too sure, i e-mailed they dude and this is what he said

1. Buy a good name brand. No flea market.
2. Get at least 100 watts total. No more that 200 watts total. Everyone
runs their amps into clipping in the Sheriff, because the bandpass design filters
out the distortion. A 200 watt amp on a sine wave can put out 280 watts, square wave. So, 200 is ample

so what should i do? :-?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
ummm I have never seen a sub like that before in my life :D

Your in a bad situation.

Are you set on keeping that sub?

That sub can only handle 100rms.... and I dont know if I would put that much into it.

If it was me I would get a new 10 inch sub. One that was DVC 2 ohm instead of DVC 4ohm.

Putting a amp on that sub is not going ot be efficent.

Hell I dont know how you would wire it up and not blow the thing.

I dunno what amp to recommend you. Especially not in that power range. It looks to me the only way that you can wire that sub is up to 8ohms or down to 2ohms... and there are no amps out there that push 100rms bridged into 2 ohms

You can try asking this on www.rollingboombox.com/forum and see what they say.

But if it was me I wouldnt bother with that sub and get another one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have a rockford fosgate amp for sell. it's cheap. something you can try. look at it in the for sale area

·
Registered
52 Posts
i'm not sure. if your bridging it for 2 ohms it's all about the wiring.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
If you want a Alpine Type R 10'' 4+4ohm sub I can sell you one they go for 120 shipped on ebay, I will sell for 80 shipped, shipping is 20. Its only been used for 4 months, decided to upgrade to bigger.
300 RMS watts
1000 Peak Watts for the sub

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im using a sony xplod 760watt amp on it right now, i know its not a good amp thats y i wanted a better one. im ont sure what u are saying on this ohms and rms stuff im a n00b at the mechanics of it all but what i do know is that this sub is hand made and the box is made around the sub. it out performs 2 12" vegas,Fosgate, and 1 12" JL. thats y i got it. is it possible for me to get some amp like an MTX or fosgate at about 200 or 250 or maybe even 300watts and be happy? will there be an improvement over the sony that i have? thats all im really looking for is a better sounding amp? or yea im lost :-? :|

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
can you tell me how it is wired up? Draw me a exact diagram of it. I am wondering how its wired up. If I can find this out I can give you a list of amps that will work

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea im not an artist but i can take a pic, so if u tell me what to take a pic of i can give u that. will that work?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
take a picture of how the speaker wires are connected to the amp... and how the speakers themselves are wired inside the box if you can

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Ok.....

what model number is the amp?

On that second picture i see on the left side it has the two connectors and then on the top connector is that another wire going from that + or - to another one? You see what I am talking about?

Where does that wire go to?

I assume you have your amp bridged?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts