Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im about to black out my headlights but am worried about night time driving, not to mention all the rain we get here in Florida... can anyone recomend a make/model headlight that would be plenty bright even with the tint? I dont care as much about the color temp of the light and looking like HID as much as I do function... tho, it would be cool.

The reason I dont want to go HID is because I dont want to fuss with installing a ballast and all that, it has nothing to do with the lights being "to bright" or "to blue"

Thanks in advance....

slow ride, take it easy

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
rebeltx said:
Im about to black out my headlights but am worried about night time driving, not to mention all the rain we get here in Florida... can anyone recomend a make/model headlight that would be plenty bright even with the tint? I dont care as much about the color temp of the light and looking like HID as much as I do function... tho, it would be cool.

The reason I dont want to go HID is because I dont want to fuss with installing a ballast and all that, it has nothing to do with the lights being "to bright" or "to blue"

Thanks in advance....

slow ride, take it easy
Trust me an hid installation is no hassle and takes no expertise whatsoever I guarantee you

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im sure it is an easy install and Im pretty handy anyways but I really don't see a need to drop two or three hundred on a HID kit....if there is a good one for a reasonable price I would be more interested but I still think I can accomplish my goal without going HID.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
H13 is going to be your bulb type I believe and the price for the best I've seen is made by silver star and they are around 70 a pair. Me personally wouldn't want to deal with shipping an breaking bulbs so whatever you may find that is better I would go to the store and personally get them. That's just me being paranoid of someone breaking my bulbs.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
rebeltx said:
Im sure it is an easy install and Im pretty handy anyways but I really don't see a need to drop two or three hundred on a HID kit....if there is a good one for a reasonable price I would be more interested but I still think I can accomplish my goal without going HID.
Hmm yeah I see where your coming from, but look at Sonic Electronix I got mine for like 145 heads and fogs

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm yeah I see where your coming from, but look at Sonic Electronix I got mine for like 145 heads and fogs
$145 is reasonable, I will take a look at them and see if its something that fits me. Thanks for the input.

H13 is going to be your bulb type I believe and the price for the best I've seen is made by silver star and they are around 70 a pair. Me personally wouldn't want to deal with shipping an breaking bulbs so whatever you may find that is better I would go to the store and personally get them. That's just me being paranoid of someone breaking my bulbs.

Im with ya on this one man. I dont see a real need to buy them online since there are plenty of auto parts stores around and paying for shipping on something like lights seems silly. Ill take a look online and see what model I should get then I will post up my findings for input.

Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
rebeltx said:
$145 is reasonable, I will take a look at them and see if its something that fits me. Thanks for the input.

Im with ya on this one man. I dont see a real need to buy them online since there are plenty of auto parts stores around and paying for shipping on something like lights seems silly. Ill take a look online and see what model I should get then I will post up my findings for input.

Thank you all.
No problem and SonicEletronix takes great care in shipping. They came very well packaged. You won't be able to find HIDSsin autoparts stores

·
Registered
964 Posts
Whitelightning said:
I Put silver stars in my wife's car they are brighter than my hids . Just don't look as cool to me lol. But like everyone said ,don't let the hid kit bother u . Once u get the kit it you will see how easy they are to install . And my kit was cheap . 60 bucks off eBay .

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Stay legal.
Silverstar ultra

·
Registered
278 Posts
curtin1991 said:
I Put silver stars in my wife's car they are brighter than my hids . Just don't look as cool to me lol. But like everyone said ,don't let the hid kit bother u . Once u get the kit it you will see how easy they are to install . And my kit was cheap . 60 bucks off eBay .
+1. The brightest halogens I've seen are silver star ultras. Very cheap on eBay. But HIDs just look cool as hell and are wayyy brighter

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
I hear that the brighter Halogen bulbs have a very short lifespan. Anyone have any experience with having to change them out pretty often?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Florida3.7L said:
I hear that the brighter Halogen bulbs have a very short lifespan. Anyone have any experience with having to change them out pretty often?
This is true. It even shows about 1/4 lifespan on the box. I've had them in my 99 for about 3 years tho...

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
curtin1991 said:
Got the damn daytime running lights. My car will not run an HID or foglights. Silver star was the bran I think I looked at. The ultimate or highest color temp they make is what I want. Just don't know how drl will affect the life

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I've been running the silverstars in all my cars since 2004, only had 1 bulb burn out in that entire time. My 30 minute drive to work every morning is in the dark so I run mine for at least 30 minutes a day year round.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
99ford said:
^ +1

Its also a great opportunity to call up a friend and have a few cokes and work on the the stang haha
Haha true that!!

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

rebeltx said:

Thank you all.
Plus from the looks of it you don't have fog lights do you can throw some hids in there from sonic for like $70-$65 they have the best quality around

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
And no matter what your friend says, don't let him talk you into removing the front bumper haha

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

NicholasP said:
Haha true that!!

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Plus from the looks of it you don't have fog lights do you can throw some hids in there from sonic for like $70-$65 they have the best quality around
^Yeah!! I've been very pleased I just forget to turn them on

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im going to go snag some Silverstar ultra's from the shop down the street from me. I called yesterday and they had them in stock so It's an easy solution. Ill have them for a few days before I get my blackout's in the mail so I will do a before and after comparison for those who are interested.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts