Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
suggestions? i had a shitty legacy series II 800 watt amp that pushed all of about 200-300 watts but it blew.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
I am guessing they are single voice coil 4 0hm subs.

Let me know what kind they are.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-rK8AAUxe6Gl/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=110&I=489CL800&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

This is the best bang for the buck.

otherwise your looking into the 300 dollar range for Alpine, RF, JL, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Ebay or www.ikesound.com have good amps for cheap. those two are where I got my whole system. For the best deal search ikesound's auctions on ebay

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Don't buy a sony amp ;)

I say just spend the money on a good amp. Save up if you have to

You will like it alot better and you will know its good quality.

Go for a Kicker, Alpine, RF, MTX isnt to bad, or JL.

All of those would make you happy.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry guys, i don't like electrical stuff and know nothing of audio stuff.

sony explod's 12" subwoofer, 4 ohm impedence, and i'd like to bridge the amp, i don't care if they are in stereo, i want to max the power of the mediocre sub i will buy.

i want to push my subs to their SAFE limit, so will that first link amp do it? itlooks really pvssy looking, will that do the job? the amps i have seen before are shitty and don't push half as hard as they have claimed. someone said max power for amps should be termed LIS unless it's a good quality amp (If Lightning Strikes) :D

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Well do you want to pay for a good amp? 350 bucks will get you a great amp.

The Profile is enough for your Sony's. You def dont want to over power sony subs.

Sonys dont tolerate heat well at all.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want whatever it takes to push my subs to a safe operating level. i was told to spend a dollar a watt, so i was thinking 500-600 dollars anyways, but less is always better so long as i'm not shorting my subs' capabilities.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thnaks.

i don't have money for it now at all, but i'd like to know what to be looking for in case i should see one in the classifieds or whatnot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts