Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Relax alot of people might be working or like me at school lol let the thread be up for a lil. Good brands are hawk, brembo, DBA, wilwood, Baer

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I have hawk slotted rotors but that's because I bought the car with them on
I run slotted rotors as well, properly done (best is V grooves with tapered depth ends) they offer improved performance by reducing glazing of the pads.

Speaking of which quality ceramic pads will provide a great improvement on our cars, especially over the stock pads which are just a bit better than dog-doo.

Pep Boys' Pro Stop ceramic pads are very good and reasonably priced...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I bought my car with them on the rear. How can i tell the brand?
Take them off and see if they have any markings--most likely they will not.

In any hard stop the rear brakes are mostly just along for the ride to keep the car stopping in a straight line...

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Hawk ceramic performance series along with some decent slotted rotors are great...mix that with SS brake lines and a 5.1 fluid swap and youll be in a whole new car.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I agree with HAWK Blue pads. Its been almost 2 years since I've put them on and they are stopping well. I actually prefer a good vented/stock style rotor most of the time. I've had EBC red stuff pads as well as their slotted/dimpled rotors, but they warped quickly for me so I went back to a stock style vented-rotor without any slots/crossdrills/dimples and I've been happy so far. I will say though that the blue box pads from HAWK have done me well.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Hey mzilla how did you get the white cobra letters on there? I want to do that to mine but red. Thnks

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I know some people are going to disagree with me but I've had awesome results with ebay rotors. The ebay pads are junk but my last two sets of rotors I got off ebay in the 150$ range. Although they were random overstock units, the first set was stop tech and the second was a brembo casting. As long as you get a high quality rotor I don't care who it comes from. But do yourself a favour and get a good set of pads suited to your application. Ebc makes a great line of pads for every application.

Edit. I've also gotten drilled rotors both times. They cool so much faster. I notice a huge difference in the canyons Iver the stock flat rotors. Another thing to seriously consider is getting a set of stainless steel brake lines and swapping over to a full dot 4 fluid. If your brakes ever see serious heat, you will love dot 4. Do not use dot 5. The abs module does not like dot 5.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts