Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RGR will be doing mine in due time, but i'd like to bring this up for debate and to school me as well. hopefully someone BESIDES mr. greene will also add something to this.

so, what cam and heads would be best suited... will the fact that full boost will be had at ~1.5k rpms make a difference in the cam/head specs? centrfugals take a little bit to build up, say ~3krpms.

care to compare/contrast and offer solid numbers of best i/e cfm's for the heads and cam specs? assume 11psi for both.

it would seem to me that if anything more exhaust would need to be flowed with the roots maybe because of the full rpm range? what can be done to combat the roots' ineffeciency?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
The best heads would be the ones that flow the best especially if you are going supercharger. With a N/A motor you can have have so much flow it kills HP. But with a S/C I dont know if it is actually possible to have to much flow considering you need a BOV with a SC for unused air. As for cams there are a few variables to decide if you want a stock idle or a lopy idle. RGR and others have come up with some nice cam alternatives. Do you want an all out take no prisioner lopy idle monster or do you want a Nice very fast but somewhat docile Idle ???

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
214 cam.. have some balls

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
for some reason, i was thinking 216 is too big for split ports. i cant remember exactly though. im sure rgr will clarify when he gets in here

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
balls to the walls, of course, dangerdude. just ask brandon, i bez mad hardcore y0. :D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Monkey said:
for some reason, i was thinking 216 is too big for split ports. i cant remember exactly though. im sure rgr will clarify when he gets in here
216 is big for a split port 3.8 but boost would help it lots.
It seems the duration likes an RPM band the intakes do
not work well with. This is mostly NA 3.8 though.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
so 216 would be okay for austin? what about 214?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm back!!!

214 or 216 cam is so close that it's almost the same...
I really need all the combo info to make a good call,
and no need to do that until the cam is beibng ordered.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RGR, we just got a customer of sorts that should give us the capital we need to get things rolling. at first we'll test it on a stock motor but once the dynotune is done i will be putting a cam in. how best can i contact you for advice on how to get the most from a STOCK motored splitport v6 with only a custom intake and roots m90? 80mm or 90 maf? advice is most needed and tips most appreciated. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts